Defense of the VT Z Force?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by xxdomination, Mar 31, 2012.

1. xxdomination

xxdomination Regular Member

I was hoping to buy the Z force for my doubles game. Can anyone comment on its defense. I am planning to buy the 4U.

Thank You

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think the defense will be just fine [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

How on earth did you manage to get that so quick??:eek::eek: Or was this pic lying idle on your PC, just waiting for the right time???
    Its perfect!!!!:D

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

4U is good for doubles..

6. sslam72

sslam72 Regular Member

I have played with the AT700 4U since its first release for mens singles and doubles. For my all round technique, it's the most effective mens doubles racquet ever.

I've also spent a long time trying to find an alternative similar racquet but unfortunately, Yonex have since concentrated on head light racquets and not even the VT80 4U came close to the balance of the AT700.

So at last I now have my Z-Force 4U with the same BG80 strings as my AT700. Due to the slightly smaller head of the VT ZF the same 26lbs tension feels a little tighter, but i've never had a problem with that considering at my strongest and best I played at 28lbs, 29lbs and 30lbs.

I've only done some shadow work at home tonight, and it feels very similar to the AT700 4U.

I'll be hitting shuttles in anger tomorrow so I'll be able to tell you just how close they really are.

The only concerns I have about the VT ZF are:
    1) the 21 x 22 string arrangement which in my view offers less precise control than the 22 x 22 of the AT700 where the strings are much closer together.
    2) the slightly smaller head that will mean i need to be slightly more accurate as the sweet spot will be a tiny bit smaller and therefore less forgiving

I honestly can't see why they discontinued the AT700, it's an absolute classic and has everything that a perfect racquet needs. Of course, I'm saying this with my rose tinted spectacle on.

i guess it's just time to move on.

7. sslam72

sslam72 Regular Member

Check out my ZF vs AT700 comparison in the other part of this forum