User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default best way to improve badminton specified lung performance

hello

my natural given strength were always the fast things like 100m sprint, long jump, high jump etcetc...
    everything above 400m was a pain for me in schooltimes and i was very very bad

due to a lot of running over the last years i think my run performance is acceptable, also in my club i think im ahead of pretty much everyone in longer distance running - but compared to the many work i put into it its not a thing im proud of at all
    but still i find myself heavily breathing during badminton single games...im sure this has to do with my (yet) bad footwork, but i wanna improve that
    because of my "good" (for my standards) condition i can recover quick and be ready for next points

i think badminton running is different to just long distance run, it is a lot of anaerob running with many breaks for recover

since i will keep training my run-condition i will do it specifically for badminton single games in the future

can you give me good ideas for how i should train? i think intervall training would be the best thing to go? i dont have a problem torturing myself (i never run without a clock because i cannot hold myself to not run my fastest and must see how my time was at the end)
    Last edited by OhSearsTower; 04-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.