motivation to train hard

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by mrshuttle, Apr 2, 2012.

1. mrshuttle

mrshuttle Regular Member

i really want to be a better player and i want to improve on my speed, stamina, skills. i am not a school team member and do not have a money to hire a coach.i usually play badminton 2-3 times a week with my friends.so far i had trained 2 weeks,the workout are 3km jogging and climbing the stairs.but i am worried that i do not have the motivation when the school starts.can you all share some tips to get more motivation in training?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

you'll need to find and hang around with other players who you think are also motivated and wanting to become better players like you... you and they can help each other out when someone feels lazy or unmotivated

it also helps if these players are slightly better than you so that you have something to aim for

3. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

you need to play with players who are better than you

personally my biggest motivation is to overtake them

i have so far overtaken a lot of players in my club which makes me feel very good, but it also motivates me even more to keep on practising hard every minute of training (and also outside the gym when watching good youtube videos of technique things) to be able to beat those guys who are still (partly WAY) better
    also i will go into my second season of league matches next autumn, i had to take severe beatings last season and im so pumped to beat those guys next year :eek:

i think you must join a club or a team, if you just play with some friends i dont see you getting better or motivated
    wont be much fun if youre way better than them either

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    You probably play computer games, these games all have body counts, scores, some sort of achievement badge.

Here is how it works for you in badminton:

Take ten shuttlecocks. Play all ten as low serve. Count how many you would consider good, well played and in.

95% of the low serves in international tournaments are goog, well played and in. If you miss only one of the ten, you can consider yourself truly tournament-ready. If you score less then 9 good, well ... there is your motivational trick.

Set the bar at 1 of ten. Try next, 2 of ten. Usually you advance within an afternoon to four, five. After that, it gets automatically harder to keep the focus. Try again, try it alone.

If you consider the low serve done.
    Ask me for another percentage point.

Cheers
    T