Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: lining phoenix shuttle
04-04-2012, 02:15 AM #1
lining phoenix shuttle
someone had used this shuttle and Lora posts it following，in order to give here a reference。。。
in my idea，feather can be replaced is a good idea。。。but what about the actual ？
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM #2
I bought 3 tubes of the PN3000. Here are my thoughts .... (in summary, no good).
1. Feathers are the thin cheap ones. So not durable at all.
2. Flight is perfectly fine, just like the regular ones.
3. Replacement is a pain and flawed (more on this later)
4. Overall, minor cost savings.
1. If high quality durable feathers were used in there, my conclusion may be different. But as it stands, you'll go through individual feathers like mad.
2. Flight is great and virtually indistinguishable from 'tradition' feather shuttles.
3. Replacing the feathers is a lousy experience due to the poor manufacturing tolerances. When replacing the feathers, you have to take one out of a 'sacrificial' shuttle. But because of the left over 'crap' on the stem of the feather, its very difficult to remove it from the plastic ring. And you kinda have to pull fairly hard to get it out. The problem is, by doing that, there's a good chance you damage the feather because you squeezed too hard to get it out. Thereby just wasting a feather for no good reason.
4. You'll end up breaking 2 or 3 feathers during a regular game. Which pisses everybody off because your shuttle lasts like 8 points tops. And it looks like you're using crap shuttles while everyone else on the doubles game is donating good ones.
So I use these with my young kids now.
04-19-2012, 04:39 AM #3
yup, there was an old thread about it a while ago. The PN1000 is better than the PN3000 but not much though
04-20-2012, 06:23 AM #4
If they would make the feathers "cleaner" (more smooth) it would be a lot better, but I guess the hold isn't strong enough when you do that.
Really nice idea, but it still needs some finetuning.
By alvinlai in forum China Professional PlayersReplies: 36: 07-07-2012, 07:26 AM
By y2k03250 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 0: 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM
By druss in forum Market PlaceReplies: 0: 11-12-2009, 11:19 PM
By DinkAlot in forum ShuttlecockReplies: 31: 10-09-2006, 11:18 AM
By Cricket in forum Badminton Rackets / EquipmentReplies: 0: 07-09-2003, 12:09 AM