Candra Wijaya & Sigit Budiarto Video on Badmintoncity

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Technicalmove, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Technicalmove

Technicalmove Regular Member

Student
    Hi u guys.

Since i've downloaded the matches from Badmintoncity where C&S are played together,i really felt in love with the Style how they are playing.
    They are so aggressive and explosive. Their defense is such fantastic. In my opinion they are the BEST MD Pair in the world, although they are just ranking at 7 or 8 in TOP RANKING.
    Even if they do not win every MD tournament, in my opinion, if C&S are in best form, nobody could beat them. I watch the C&S video nearly every Day, so my suggestion is only to put Matches on Badmintoncity where C&S or generally Men Double is involved.
    I find MS, WS, XD, WD such unspectacular, that this Matches only
    waste bandwitdh on badmintoncity. What about making a poll on what should be rather put on Badmintoncity or not?
    If Someone could public the Video of MD Final WC 2003, i think most of the member would be very thankful.
    I can't still believe that C&S have lost to Denmark! Denmark isn't such bad, but on most of the top tournament they do fail on semifinal. How can C&S have lost to Denmark, athough they've always beaten the european team very earlier
    most in max. 2 Sets.

Nice Greeting

TechnicalMove

2. modious

modious Regular Member

Hi, are you a paying member or you're just downloading the videos for free? If you're just downloading for free, then you can't expect much.

Furthermore, the World Championships matches will be only released to paying members of BadmintonCity.com. The videos are not ready yet though.

There're people who want to watch MXD, MS, WS, WD.......

Waste of time??? I personally like to watch MS alot you know.... and also MD and MXD.

Candra/Sigit are certainly one of the best MD pair around now. They lost in the WC 2003 because Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske played some superb badminton! And Sigit was off form IMO, not Candra.

#2 modious, Aug 6, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2003
  3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I'd agree with this one. Sigit was simply below his par in his performance; one mistake after another. Ill?

One question a little off topic : If a player in tournaments of such gets stomach ache when they play, what should and can do?

4. Snowmen

Snowmen Regular Member

Student
    Ask for timeout, and go to toilet immediately!!:p
    (just Kidding)
    and of course...say "please~~~~"

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Errr...

If u like certain matches / players, not necessary others will like. If u don't like certain matches / players, that might be others' favorite...

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced

Maybe we should do the same thing and send ESPN in USA an email.

I watch badminton every day, so my suggestion is only to put badminton on ESPN. I find football, basketball, tennis such unspectacular, that only waste bandwidth on ESPN.

:D

7. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

hmm...about MS, WS, XD, WD being unspectacular, i could never agree with that..

yes, i have to say that i myself don't watch WS, XD, or WD that much..and that's just me, i do like to watch MS quite a lot. If there were a poll on which events to put up on the site...i'd have no doubt that it'd be pretty even

8. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    To some, WS might be unspectacular, but I find it very useful to watch to analyze their footwork and court coverage patterns. Why? Since the MS players are so much stronger and conditioned than most of us, some of their footwork and tactics are not applicable for us. (They can jump higher, many are above average height I believe, much better endurance, etc.) We will simply be unable to perform some of their movements or sustain them for a long time.

The WS players are closer in body strength, size, and speed to many of us so their footwork and tactics is more useful to watch.

Phil

9. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I agree Candra and Sigit have the best defence in the world, but they should have played in the final the Korean pair of Kim Dong Moon and Ha Tae Kwon, who have the best attacking game in the world (Ha got injured in training before their second round match and withdrew). That would have been a final worth watching and keeping! Let's hope next year's Olympics produces a final between the world's top two pairs.

And there was something wrong with Sigit, he wasn't playing well in the quarter-finals or the semis (though he still got through because a below-par Sigit will still beat most other players).

10. mozartcova

mozartcova Regular Member

IMO, I think Chandra/Tony is a better pair. Korean MD has been the top for many years. I agree, you can always expect the good games between them will be very nice to watch. But Chandra might be partnered with Halim on the Olympic 2004. Also, don't forget the young chinese MD. They might be the next Li Yong Bo and Tian bin Yi. As usual, there is always upset. Let's see how the S;pore Open, Indo Open and M'sia open come out.

11. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    IMHO, women's doubles, although dominated by China for as long as I know ever since the country became an IBF member, is quite good to watch.

MD events can be ultra-powered and ultra-fast which in which a rally may end in a few seconds, but in WD, rallies are a little longer and can be as entertaining as well. The WD in the WC is one good example of that.

12. sayakeren

sayakeren Regular Member

Public Relations
    Re: Reply

He might had an unstable emotion regarding the news he overheard from the mass media regarding his split with Candra while they're half-way in the tournament.

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10939

13. wira

wira Regular Member

injury

Sigit got injured badly in the WC final and even had to walk with crutches
    after that and the following day. Could explain some of the errors
    that he committed near the end of the game.