Too Light Causes No Feeling On Impact?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bmtfreak123, Apr 4, 2012.

1. bmtfreak123

bmtfreak123 Regular Member

Student
    Anyone experiences the "no feeling" when playing with a very light racket? It's like you can hardly feel it? So a heavier racket gives a better feeling?

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

sorta true...more about the momentum of a light racket versus a heavy racket. the variable is what sort of swing speed/power you can generate.

thinkabout what type of racket weight could help you hit the hardest..just by a few swings

3. bmtfreak123

Student
    yea.. I can sort of like feel the vibration of the light racket and it just lack of some...solid feeling.

4. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

hmm...i have two rackets, which are polar oppistes of each other. one is head heavy and one is very head light. learning what type of swing speed to put behind the stokes takes time,

its almost a balance at which racket can you swing most powerfully, before it gets too heavy for your wrist/ too light to generate power

5. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I'm not entirely convinced by the theory. Lighter rackets often have flexible shafts, whilst (head)heavier rackets often have stiffer shafts. This might give the impression that lighter rackets give less feel.
    However, my mid-weight stiff racket (doubles/mixed) gives much better feedback than my stiff heavy racket (singles).

6. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

^ true! what im trying o say is that you have to be able to use the feature that each of those racket types come with. some ppl are more arm players so they could use a stiffer frame, where someone with a strong wrist and technique could really use the flex to generate whip

7. bmtfreak123

Student
    Urm, I always thought it's the opposite?

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Yup, he's got it reversed.