User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 27
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default If Lin Dan falls to any random player, Lee Chong Wei wins the GOLD officially

    What do you think ? I can't see and imagine how on earth any player could challenge Lee Chong Wei on a fair ground even at their best.

    Tago can't perform well against him.
    Gade has 0 percent of winning possibility against him
    Chen Long will crumble under pressure at crucial points against him (in fact i think he might even not meet Chong Wei because he will crash out again like last year)
    Chen Jin is useless,whatever shots he executes Chong Wei has answer to it.
    Sasaki can't do anything to hurt Chong Wei.

    The only one who can threaten Chong Wei's contention is Lin Dan....if he loses or crashes out like he did in 2004 Athens, Chong Wei is 99.9 percent assured of winning the gold medal, everyone from Boleh-land could start singing their national anthem until the victory ceremony. Well...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because Jan Ø Jørgensen is just a random player...

    Seriously, he's improved a lot lately, he beat Gade, beat LCW in the past as well as others.

    Just cause LD lost in this match doesn't mean that LCW will win gold. Chen Long is in the draw and we all know what the recent HH record between CL and LCW (4-1 to CL in last 5 I think)

    So yeah, don't get too excited, im sure LD's defeat is somewhere in the plans from LYB, but also down to good play from JOJ

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Because Jan Ø Jørgensen is just a random player...

    Seriously, he's improved a lot lately, he beat Gade, beat LCW in the past as well as others.

    Just cause LD lost in this match doesn't mean that LCW will win gold. Chen Long is in the draw and we all know what the recent HH record between CL and LCW (4-1 to CL in last 5 I think)

    So yeah, don't get too excited, im sure LD's defeat is somewhere in the plans from LYB, but also down to good play from JOJ
    But it's true, look at the other players. Who can actually stretch Lee Chong Wei to a three-game thriller. I know Chen Long wont be able. He is too focused on playing Lee Chong Wei and it might affect his game against other players, he better worry about other players rather than just one person. Unless Lee Chong Wei broke his leg or torn his Achilles heel, nobody can actually beat him..Only two people had beaten Lee Chong Wei in the last two years...The last non-Chinese player to have beaten him was none other than SONY DWI KUNCORO back in 2010 Singapore Open before he threw himself into Oblivion.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Alone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    But it's true, look at the other players. Who can actually stretch Lee Chong Wei to a three-game thriller.
    Chen Long can do that. Many of their past games, it took 3 game sets including their last meeting in China.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alone View Post
    Chen Long can do that. Many of their past games, it took 3 game sets including their last meeting in China.
    The three games were in Chen Long's favour, either he didn't have to play a match beforehand or Lin Dan gave him a walkover. This is different in Malaysia Open, Chen Long has to beat everyone in his path hands down to meet Lee Chong Wei. Sasaki isn't pushover but it will be extremely obvious if Sasaki beat Chen Long because Sho similarly to Gade, has 0 chance of winning Lee Chong Wei

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    See there really is no point in ANYONE replying to this thread case the OP is determined that under no circumstances (even if LcW broke his leg) that he'd lose. Therefore this thread will end up going nowhere or turn into an off topic debate/argument between LcW and LD fans...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    See there really is no point in ANYONE replying to this thread case the OP is determined that under no circumstances (even if LcW broke his leg) that he'd lose. Therefore this thread will end up going nowhere or turn into an off topic debate/argument between LcW and LD fans...
    I agree. Not sure if this thread is necessary. We know where it's heading and you know what they say: people love to see a car wreck.

  8. #8
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,857
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tago
    Jan o jorgenson
    Chen long
    lin dan

    Still can and have before

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blue planet
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is one of the weirdest thread title.

    Anyone who qualify can win gold.

    I think even Jan can win gold in Olympic. He has beaten almost all the current top 10 players before.

    He has beaten LCW, Peter Gade and now Lin Dan.

    Of course, it depends on his heart condition.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    This is one of the weirdest thread title.

    Anyone who qualify can win gold.

    I think even Jan can win gold in Olympic. He has beaten almost all the current top 10 players before.

    He has beaten LCW, Peter Gade and now Lin Dan.

    Of course, it depends on his heart condition.
    With Lee Chong Wei's currently acquired skills and tactics, are you sure ? He has to make sure he is not injured that s all.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    What do you think ? I can't see and imagine how on earth any player could challenge Lee Chong Wei on a fair ground even at their best. Tago can't perform well against him.Gade has 0 percent of winning possibility against himChen Long will crumble under pressure at crucial points against him (in fact i think he might even not meet Chong Wei because he will crash out again like last year)Chen Jin is useless,whatever shots he executes Chong Wei has answer to it.Sasaki can't do anything to hurt Chong Wei.The only one who can threaten Chong Wei's contention is Lin Dan....if he loses or crashes out like he did in 2004 Athens, Chong Wei is 99.9 percent assured of winning the gold medal, everyone from Boleh-land could start singing their national anthem until the victory ceremony. Well...
    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    This is one of the weirdest thread title.Anyone who qualify can win gold.I think even Jan can win gold in Olympic. He has beaten almost all the current top 10 players before.He has beaten LCW, Peter Gade and now Lin Dan.Of course, it depends on his heart condition.

    If there is any if, there would be too much ifs... If u mention something as early as 2004, CW'S also may subject to upsets like his journey in so many WCs between then and now...


    What about:


    If LCW falls to any random player, Anyone could win the GOLD officially...


    I can't see and imagine how on earth any player could challenge Lin Dan on a fair and normal ground even at their best, even LCW...



    Given both LD & LCW are at their maturity, probability of this happening is not high...
    Last edited by Jonc108; 01-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Slum
    Posts
    441
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You never know. Anything can happen in the Olympics. Lin Dan lost in the first round. Taufik lost to uncle Wong. Both Bao Chunlai and Chen Hong were in their top form but neither one advanced much further in the Olympics.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lee Chong Wei just bagged his eighth Malaysian title without any problem posed by Tago-san. See what I mean no player can actually beat him except for Lin Dan to give him a fright. Chen Long is still not a threat to him as he can be managed..

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    as the saying

    ball is round

    anything is possible

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think you are wrong migilin7,

    Not just Lin DAn, CHen Long also can beat Lee CW.

    Put in Chen LOng as well, i would agree with you, that it appears for now other than those 2names, the Lee CW should fear of no others.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    sgp
    Posts
    574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LCW only fears himself, same goes to LD.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Lee Chong Wei just bagged his eighth Malaysian title without any problem posed by Tago-san. See what I mean no player can actually beat him except for Lin Dan to give him a fright. Chen Long is still not a threat to him as he can be managed..
    When play outside Malaysia, CL is more a real threat to LCW...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zhang Ning Wins Gold
    By ants in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007
    Replies: 0
    : 03-18-2007, 10:42 AM
  2. Three-time champion Chong Wei falls to China's Chunlai (Star)
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007
    Replies: 11
    : 01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
  3. Chong Wei wins again
    By ants in forum 2005 Tournaments
    Replies: 0
    : 06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
  4. Taufik wins GOLD!!!
    By RaymondLin in forum Olympics ATHENS 2004
    Replies: 38
    : 08-23-2004, 06:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •