User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 230
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing can be complained of from AT700PR 3U, it is a really solid racket, with huge amount of raw power. My current go to racket.

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    puchong, malaysia
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    any1 seen 3u at700pr in msia?

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Received my AT700PR with 3U-G4 spec today!

  4. #174
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As far as I know, these are all AT700 generations:

    Name:  AT700Series.jpg
Views: 2466
Size:  99.5 KB

    1. AT700 Premium
    2. AT700 Limited for Olympics 2008. Limited 5000 Asia and 20.000 worldwide as far as I know
    3. AT700 2nd generation
    4. AT700 Limited edition only in Asia 5000 pieces
    5. AT700 1st generation

  5. #175
    Regular Member Cycril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in M'sia
    Posts
    375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post
    As far as I know, these are all AT700 generations:

    Name:  AT700Series.jpg
Views: 2466
Size:  99.5 KB

    1. AT700 Premium
    2. AT700 Limited for Olympics 2008. Limited 5000 Asia and 20.000 worldwide as far as I know
    3. AT700 2nd generation
    4. AT700 Limited edition only in Asia 5000 pieces
    5. AT700 1st generation
    ...i didn't know that there is an orange edition of it! anyway, perfect collection!

  6. #176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    ...i didn't know that there is an orange edition of it! anyway, perfect collection!
    what a collection...
    the first one is limited to 8000 pieces right?

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CarbonexFan, any reviews on AT700PR ?

    Looking forward for your review.

  8. #178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    CarbonexFan, any reviews on AT700PR ?

    Looking forward for your review.
    Sorry about that. Thought there were already a few reviews, so did not bother.

    To me the AT700 was a great racket, and I loved the 1st gen the most. The 2nd gen was different and could not tell what, but it was clearly not the same. Although I have a 1st gen at 3U-G4, 2nd gen was 4U-G4. Maybe that's the differences in power I liked about this racket. For references I measured the specs of the following rackets:

    AT700 Premium 3U-G4 BG80 Pro
    AT700 Limited OE 3U-G4 BG65
    AT700 2nd generation 4U-G4 NBG98
    AT700 1st generation 3U-G4 BG80

    If you look at the balance, they are not the same. From head heavy to head less heavy (cannot call them head light):
    AT700 1st Gen < AT700PR < AT700LE < AT700 2nd Gen

    I have to say that the main reason why the AT700 2nd gen is the less head heaviest of them may due to the fact that it is a 4U model. For instance, I also measured a VT80 at 3U-G4 and a 4U-G4 VT80. The difference between them is almost 7 mm in balance. The difference between the AT700PR and VT80 3U-G4 was only 1 or 2 mm in favor of the VT80 in terms of head heaviness. The VT80 3UG4 share the same balance as the 1st gen 3U-G4!

    Now for the stiffness, from stiff to less stiffer:
    AT700 1st gen = AT700LE < AT700PR < AT700LE

    I could not see a lot of difference between the 1st gen and the Limited Olympic Edition and the Premium followed by a very small margin. The AT700 2nd edition was clearly less stiffer. So looking at these specs, I can imagine that the AT700PR feels like the AT700 1st gen in terms of balance and stiffness. Already mentioned is the fact that the AT700PR has the new stringing pattern which all former generations don't have.

    For playing, I only took the Premium, 2nd gen and the Limited Dragon with me. The 1st gen I really didn't want to play with because I already lost one and it was really hard to find a decent one to replace it. And the Limited Super Brands wasn't strung so I wanted to keep it that way. I doubted what kind of string I wanted to use, but decided to use a power string because it was a head heavy 3U version. For reference, I always use 11 kg.

    First I tried the dragon LE version, which was not easy to move. The feeling was very solid, but the factory strung BG65 was just to weak. I don't think it was even 10 kg. I use a Cab30ms 2U as reference, but the head heaviness was really there. I don't think the balance and stiffness and timing was too much off compared to the Premium, but these racket need a higher tension to play well. So I switched to the 2nd generation AT700 which was 4U-G4. I immediately gained speed and power. And the odd feeling was there again. I think the 2nd generation was some kind dampened in vibrations and that's what I was missing. It was not a bad racket at all and I could play all shots. At the end, I missed some pure power from this racket what it was build for.

    Now for the AT700 Premium, I do like it more over the 4U version. The AT700PR did funny enough had not a lot more power. Given the same speed, the clears ended at about the same position. I liked the feedback of the 2nd gen AT700 because of the string. The AT700PR combined with the BG80Pro was not a good one. I expect it would had more power with a thinner string like the NBG98, but in this case, it wasted the racket.

    Can there be any conclusions drawn from this test? Yes and No. None of these rackets have the same string or weight to be compared. Would it have made any difference? Off course it does, but some questions can already be answered. Is the AT700PR the same as the AT700 2nd gen. I would say no. Is it the same as the 1st gen? I would say they have the same characteristics, but the stringing pattern is different. But for those who like the 1st gen, this racket is the closest you can get. If you treat it like the 1st gen and you know the racket, you just can't go wrong. The racket has the same balance as the VT80, but the stiffness and flex is different. Also the widebody frame of the VT80 assures different air resistance. If you love the AT700 1st gen, buy the AT700PR and not the VT80. Hope it helps.

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see that MBS only has IP/SP codes for the arc10 premium. If I buy from badminton alley, what code would it have? Doesn't mention it on the website as far as I could see. Thanks

  10. #180
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    I see that MBS only has IP/SP codes for the arc10 premium. If I buy from badminton alley, what code would it have? Doesn't mention it on the website as far as I could see. Thanks
    US coded.

    12345

  11. #181
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post

    Can there be any conclusions drawn from this test? Yes and No. None of these rackets have the same string or weight to be compared. Would it have made any difference? Off course it does, but some questions can already be answered. Is the AT700PR the same as the AT700 2nd gen. I would say no. Is it the same as the 1st gen? I would say they have the same characteristics, but the stringing pattern is different. But for those who like the 1st gen, this racket is the closest you can get. If you treat it like the 1st gen and you know the racket, you just can't go wrong. The racket has the same balance as the VT80, but the stiffness and flex is different. Also the widebody frame of the VT80 assures different air resistance. If you love the AT700 1st gen, buy the AT700PR and not the VT80. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the concise review, CarbonexFan. I definitely agree with you that on all Yonex range maybe AT700PR is the closest racket to AT700 1st gen.
    As for the string, try to use BG80, not BG80Power, just BG80. I myself use BG80 @28Lbs on my 700PR 3U-G5 and i love it a lot. Just that, i would prefer it to be a little head heavier and a little stiffer. Overall, it is a very solid and powerful racket with a decent amount of speed.

    Have fun with your AT700PR

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    393
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Thanks for the concise review, CarbonexFan. I definitely agree with you that on all Yonex range maybe AT700PR is the closest racket to AT700 1st gen.
    As for the string, try to use BG80, not BG80Power, just BG80. I myself use BG80 @28Lbs on my 700PR 3U-G5 and i love it a lot. Just that, i would prefer it to be a little head heavier and a little stiffer. Overall, it is a very solid and powerful racket with a decent amount of speed.

    Have fun with your AT700PR
    THNX for the advice. Next time I'll be using that. Each time Yonex releases a new racket, it's an adventure to find the right string and tension. But like each adventure, it takes time, and I don't want to wast the string. Currently fell back to my Cab30MS 2U and the AT700PR 3U is much easier to play with and I use it as my defensive racket.

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...T700-amp-AT500)

    Grommet for AT700, anyway not applicable for AT700 Premium 2012

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jakarta/Singapore/Sydney
    Posts
    412
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have been playing with the Arc10PR for about 5 months and this racket is a superb all-rounder racket, it generates more power than my previous Arc10 (red) with the very similar even-balance feeling. Mine is strung with BG66@27lbs and it provides more feedback on the netplay compared to the prior BG80@26lbs.

    It is basically the "slightly enhanced here and there" version of the already good Arc10 and it is the best even-balance Yonex racket, in my opinion.

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does the AT700 PR suitable for playing double? Or its more of a single game? How about comparing AT700 PR with N90??

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    Have been playing with the Arc10PR for about 5 months and this racket is a superb all-rounder racket, it generates more power than my previous Arc10 (red) with the very similar even-balance feeling. Mine is strung with BG66@27lbs and it provides more feedback on the netplay compared to the prior BG80@26lbs.

    It is basically the "slightly enhanced here and there" version of the already good Arc10 and it is the best even-balance Yonex racket, in my opinion.
    Thanks for sharing. It generates more power. But why and how? Is the Arc10PR slightly head heavier? Or more flexible?
    Did you compared these both strings on your new Arc10PR or did you mean BG80 on the old Arc10 (red)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    How about comparing AT700 PR with N90??
    Nice question. Someone got an answer to this?
    N90 is really head heavy. The AT700 PR is at least as head heavy as N90, isn't it? Which means: Raw power but not very quick and not user friendly.

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you mean N90 is not very quick and not user friendly or AT700 PR?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Yonex Arcsaber 10 Premium 2012-1 week old
    By Stan77 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. FS: Yonex Armortec 700 Premium 2012 (4U, G5) for sale in Singapore (Excellent condition)
    By huath01 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-08-2012, 06:26 AM
  3. FS: Yonex Armortec 700 Premium 2012 (4U, G5) for sale in Singapore (Excellent condition)
    By huath01 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
  4. WTB: Yonex Armortec 700 Limited Premium 2012 4U
    By Tornoni in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •