User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Yonex Z Force hard to use?

I just bought my Z Force 4U, I couldn't hit as hard as my even balance Lethal 90.

I find that Z Force is too head heavy, and my smash is very weak.

Is this because my technique is not good enough to use the racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racket may be too stiff. I have not used the apacs lethal 90 so cant comment on the difference in stiffness. It could even be the zf is too light for you if the l90 is 3u. Also check strings are the same and same tension as that could cause the loss of power. If this is the case try dropping the tension by few lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And of course improving your technique will help generate power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Z Force is stiffer than Lethal 90, but l90 is a stiff racket, and when I hold Z force feel more heavier than L90 because of the head heavy.

The tension is both 25, but with different string Ashway Zmax 70 and yonex Bg 80 (l90).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ashaway zymax 70 is a slightly thicker string than bg80 but they are fairly similar. How long have you had the racket? You may just need a few weeks to adapt to the different stiffness and head heaviness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well a lot of people like different things in rackets, i.e. stifness/tension/balance point, but in my own personal opinion going 4u with an extremely stiff racket is quite a bad idea, power/smashing wise. However yeah, ive used the zforce for quite some time now and i'd personally say its not the easiest racket to use, the smash "threshold" if u will is really difficult. For E.G. If you need 100 points of power to maximise your smash. say 100 points = 200km. however if ur only getting 90 points of power, your smash WONT be 180km. You need to hit that Smashing point before your going to notice how hard you smash. Hope this made sense? :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Z force is great racket overall? I couldnt generate power like other rackets.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnxiv View Post
    I just bought my Z Force 4U, I couldn't hit as hard as my even balance Lethal 90.

its the problem of it being too stiff, you cannot swing it fast enough and hit hard enough bend the shaft. but once you bend the shaft, the power is immense.. with a more flexible shaft, you get some "spring back" or "snapback" from the bending that gives good power, but if you hit extremely hard, the flexible shaft will not transmit as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

z-force is definitely not suitable for a beginner, it's very demanding on good wrist power. so better put it away for some time and work on your technique and wrist strength. use less stiff and less head-heavy racket meanwhile.
    a lot of people are attracted by z-force since it's basically yonex's top of the range racket. i was on of them ) but using it won't make you smash like lcw, although you can gain some shoulder pain )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Z force is great racket overall? I couldnt generate power like other rackets.
    It is a very good racket, but also VERY STIFF AND DEMANDING to use. I had tried one game with this racket, and while the smashes and drives are excellent, you will feel pain in your arm and wrist almost immediately due to its stiffness.

In short - if you don't have a powerful arm or good technique, I suggest you get better.... or sell the racket instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worse than sw35?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming from mx80, got a 4u z force. Hate it due to the heavy head. The head just continue to swing and tough to control. Took me at least 3 months to get used to it.
    It's abt 1 year now and it's my favourite toy, other than my jjs & mx80.
    Due to my shoulder pain., have been using jjs. Draw out the zforce at the end of the session. Wow... It changed my game. Really love it. Every dept seems to work better.

I suggest to get the 4u and train your arm. The effort is worth for it. It did for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't use ZF well. The shaft bends back too much thus the precision is not good enough.
    This also created a catapult feel which I don't like. The power and shuttle speed is definitely good, but they are not the whole world.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by foo.tw View Post
    I can't use ZF well. The shaft bends back too much thus the precision is not good enough.
    This also created a catapult feel which I don't like. The power and shuttle speed is definitely good, but they are not the whole world.
    you have a fake one.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah, it's not fake. I had one too, but it's extreme head heaviness does make the shaft feel mid flex.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently using the 3U Z-Force, 4U Z-Force, and 3U MX-80. I am not a professional player, perhaps just a strong amateur - possibly one or two levels below national standard. Been using the 3U Z-Force for nearly a year, the 4U Z-Force for a couple of months, and the 3U MX-80 for a few weeks. I play about 2-3x a week.

To be honest, I don't find a lot of difference in terms of overall effect between the 3 rackets. No shoulder/elbow/wrist pain at all from using any of them (and I'm not a "fitness freak"). In terms of character, the 4U Z-Force and 3U MX-80 feel lighter than the 3U Z-Force, but overall attack/defense/control is about the same with slight changes in technique/timing.

My "go to" racket remains the 3U Z-Force, but I think that's only because I've been using it the longest. I suspect that once you get the right technique and are reasonably fit, you'll find there's no such thing as a "demanding" racket. Remember our "ancestors" used to play with wooden and steel rackets! We are using very light rackets now - if you find a racket "demanding" to use, it's almost certain that you have poor technique or are in sub-optimal (for want of a politically correct word) physical shape.

My advice would be to improve your physical conditioning (including arm strength etc) and your technique. Then you'll find just about any racket good to use. Otherwise, you can superficially keep changing rackets until you're (psychologically) happy with your choice. Just my own opinion.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i love the way it feels because it's the vibration is not as dampened as my nanoray300 but not as much vibration as my victor superwave35. flexibility wise it depends on the person, i personally thinks it's stiff, but not super stiff, so when i swing i can still feel it flexing, but def not as crazy as a flexible zslash.

if the racket is really too heavy, you might want to either strengthen your wrist/forearm or go with a lighter racket. if your smash is weak, the only thing is to improve your form so that you are more efficient, and just practice smashing so that your timing and angle is optimal, there's no way around it unfortunately.

we will probably have to see a video of you playing to determine whether your technique is good enough or not. just based on the little info you've given us, it is still hard to determine exactly the reason why the zforce is not working for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast