is the Arcsaber z slash worth it?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by IX-MATT-XI, Apr 5, 2012.

1. IX-MATT-XI

IX-MATT-XI Regular Member

student
    So at the moment I've been using the Victor brave sword 10, but I fancy a change.
    as my club is now sponsored by Yonex I can get a slight discount.
    But as the rackets are still pretty expensive I was wondering if there really worth it?
    I've been hearing good things about the racket but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    thanks

2. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I have it and it's basically a love it or hate it racket. The head shape gives it a small sweetspot, which means your shots have to be good in order to produce something that can be called a stroke.

Some days I love it, some days I want to put it in a shredder. My advice: Give it a swing before buying it.

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

good racket.. if u can manage it..

4. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Since you are in England: Do you know Thomas Stanford? He's playing with a Z-Slash Clone, with which I had some swings. Quite decent racket for little money. ;)

5. Zackster

Zackster Regular Member

Student
    i previously owned z slash and i do not like it especially the swing and the feel of the racket. I would recommend going for the vt70 which is much better.

6. InvincibleM5

InvincibleM5 Regular Member

Student
    Give it a try first mate. I currently use the Arc ZSTH (a present) and I have to say it's not an easy racquet to get used to. While I have no problem with the smaller head as I previously used the Sideks Carbon 10 which also has the same head shape, I however have to get used to the longer shaft. It's pretty difficult to judge and time the shuttle to hit it on the sweetspot.

The head is pretty heavy thus giving it a good lord of power but I don't feel comfortable in controlling with it. It will take some time until I really get used to it.

My advice is for you to give it a shot ;)

7. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

I use the Z-Slash and I love it. However, it really is a love or hate thing AND it takes a long while to get used to the smaller head. My advice is to try it before you buy it, although this is general for any racquet, it is especially important for the Z-Slash.

8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I think the first question you should ask is what are you hoping to get out of a Yonex racquet that you feel you aren't getting out of the BS-10. If for example, you want more power than you might want to go with the VT-80 or the VT-70.

The Z-slash is an odd choice. I never had any issues with getting used to the Z-slash when I had it. It just didn't offer me anything I wasn't getting out of my Arcsaber 10 or Arm 900P. For all the hype, it never really delivered anything new.

9. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I have an Arcsaber Z-Slash TH and I love it. It really depends because if you are able to hit the sweet-spot consistently it works really!!! It usually thats about 2-3 weeks to get used to the racket.

10. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    No, stick with the BS10 , I had that and I tried the Arc Z and they are very different and it will take weeks to get use to. To be honest , I didnt like the Arc Z at all it just does not feel right somehow . I love my BS10 , but I now play with Yonex and the racket of choice which I feel is slightly more balance than BS10 is the NS9900. Not really sure about the Voltric series as it does not suit my play

11. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Like everyone has said. This is a racket that people either love it or hate it. You have to try the racket yourself.

12. Kwilko

Kwilko Regular Member

I really like the z-slash and tbh i didn't find it hard to handle

13. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I am a fairly average local league player and I adapted to using the z-slash in about 1 game. My main problem wasn't hitting the sweet spot either. I wasn't used to the power and kept hitting clears and lifts out.

It was incredibly powerful when compared to my usual arcsaber 8DX and I found it much more user friendly than the Voltric 80, which just feels like a hammer, rather than a badminton racket. I found the z-slash a bit slower on defence and drives than the 8DX but the power made up for it. It just meant that there weren't any miracle saves in defence.

However like everyone else I would recommend trying it, the person who I borrowed it from doesn't like it at all and bought a voltric 70 to replace it (which he loves and I think is a rather boring racket). Do you have any chance to arrange a demo day/ evening for your club with a local authorised Yonex retailer?