User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Andy Lau will charge OSIM a fee of HK$50,000 just for showing up! haha!
    And why not....HK$50k to OSIM is a piece of cake (at most four to five of those high-end massage chairs). But imagine the goodwill that it will bring. OSIM and Andy Lau will now be associated with badminton and vice-versa. That could only be a positive thing for all the parties involved.

Right now, I don't think the ordinary HKG knows that OSIM is the title sponsor of BWF SS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    What? They have Andy Lau and Joey Yung yet they did nothing?!?!?!? I'm baffled. If I were OSIM, I will arrange a XD match: Lin Dan+Joey Yung vs. Andy Lau+Wang Shixian as a promotinal event!
    That's the thing! What a disappointment! Honestly, I don't even know why OSIM wants to be the title sponsor when in fact, the only thing that I know is that the prize winner gets an OSIM chair each. Apart from that, there's no indication that OSIM is related to badminton whatsoever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    That's the thing! What a disappointment! Honestly, I don't even know why OSIM wants to be the title sponsor when in fact, the only thing that I know is that the prize winner gets an OSIM chair each. Apart from that, there's no indication that OSIM is related to badminton whatsoever.
    Yes...it is related to badminton....after playing for fewbgames....I need a massage ...that's what OSIM can do...hehehe...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Yes...it is related to badminton....after playing for fewbgames....I need a massage ...that's what OSIM can do...hehehe...
    In that case, they should promote this message (not massage!) more! In that way, people will be able to relate OSIM to badminton!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of reasoning is that??

Does smoking make you a better player?? ; You should be glad companies that have nothing to do with badminton want to sponsor it (there aren't many that are related) ...
    What does KIA have to do with tennis or Amstel Beer with football?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly in the previous post.

Both KIA and Heineken are successful in associating themselves with Tennis, Football and Rugby; despite the facts that their products are not-sports related. That has to do with lots of advertising campaigns and efforts from the respective companies.

This is an example of a Kia ad that heavily features tennis:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EqW9EH5sPY

Correct me if I am wrong but I have yet to see any OSIM ad that features badminton. So, I cannot relate OSIM to badminton except for its title sponsorship for the BWF SS.

An example of a company that has successfully become associated with badminton is Fedex (the major sponsor of the Chinese team). Until now, whenever I think of Fedex, I will always think of its sponsorship of the CBA. And others who may not like badminton may also be intrigued as to why the ad features badminton players! Take a look at this ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKxxmdRIgY8

That's how I hope other sponsors can do to try promote badminton in their products!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of sponsors, the Korean sponsor loves this event. It usually comes at an otherwise slow time in the schedule (i.e. not alongside the Hong Kong Open) and they get the entire Korean national team to come to Suzhou Victor Sports Centre to train and do some publicity stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about this: Tax the rich; redistribute to the poor.

the PSS and SS countries should pay 15% of the their revenues to the BWF and BWF can use the money to help other countries.
    Last edited by pcll99; 04-14-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    What? They have Andy Lau and Joey Yung yet they did nothing?!?!?!? I'm baffled. If I were OSIM, I will arrange a XD match: Lin Dan+Joey Yung vs. Andy Lau+Wang Shixian as a promotinal event!
    After hearing this, I am shocked! I didn't know this Faint

Who to contact in OSIM to talk to them about arranging?

I was sitting with a couple of well known personalities at last HK Open. One of them had brought his son to watch. They shared their snacks with me. haha.

But yes, OSIM and BWF are not helping themselves in promotion. Totally agree with Krisna and badMania with these points of arguments.
    Last edited by Cheung; 04-14-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the PSS and SS countries should pay 15% of the their revenues to the BWF and BWF can use the money to help other countries.
    You are assuming revenue is higher than the costs - which is not necessarily so...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Like Krisna mentioned in the above post, INA has been the pioneer in trying to make badminton more attractive to spectators. Expect lots of fireworks for the INA SSP this year!
    LOL, just been hearing about some of the things. Sounds good!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just guessing, but i imagine that Hosts have to pay BWF to host these events? This may already be more than 15%. Again I am not sure, but i also think most events would be loss making,with the balance being made up by the home body. If they werent loss making they probably would be if they had an extra 15% to pay out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    You are assuming revenue is higher than the costs - which is not necessarily so...
    shocking!!

if an organizer can't make ends meet, it shouldn't host a PSS/SS event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Tax the rich, redeistribute to the poor?!?" Penalize the smartest/most dilligent students in a class [with the best score, say 90 out of 100 points] by distributing their grade to the dumb/lazy students [with low scores 30 out of 100 points] so that everyone get 60 points?!? "Communism at its worst!!!"

Cheung is right, most PSS and SS are cash-flow break-even activities for the organizers... but the organizers understand that a PSS/SS is very good for badminton in their country and world badminton as a whole.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

shocking!!

if an organizer can't make ends meet, it shouldn't host a PSS/SS event.
    That would definitely cut down the number of events to near zero. Unlike some other sports, much less revenue is generated from the selling of TV rights.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would definitely cut down the number of events to near zero. Unlike some other sports, much less revenue is generated from the selling of TV rights.
    more shock!!!!

if all of them are losing money, where do they get their money? money has to come from somewhere!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more shock!!!!

if all of them are losing money, where do they get their money? money has to come from somewhere!!!
    Either from their governing body - Badminton England in the case of AE or from WBF directly.

If they were making money then everyone would want to host them!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast