User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    That would definitely cut down the number of events to near zero. Unlike some other sports, much less revenue is generated from the selling of TV rights.
    I know for sure in Indonesia the badminton association got Rp 0 from TV rights..... all the TV stations have said "We will broadcast Indonesian Open for 4 days, but we will not pay any money. Indonesian Open is a good event, worthy of live broadcast in a major TV channel, but it is not the Soccer World Cup. The cost of producing and telecasting the event is expensive compared to the type of revenue we will get from advertisers that will use this event to promote their products..."
    Last edited by Krisna; 04-15-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    how about this: Tax the rich; redistribute to the poor.

the PSS and SS countries should pay 15% of the their revenues to the BWF and BWF can use the money to help other countries.
    BWF Santion Fees: Tournaments of prize money $50,000 and up to $500,000 pay a 10% fee of total purse prize money.

For tournaments in excess of the $500,000, they pay a $50,000 fee + 5% of the prize money that is in excess of the $500,000.

And a reply to the old post: I think that all R1 losers still get a certain amount of prize money.

Looking up at a wiki article, anyone in the top 32 and so on get a little part of the prize money. The chart has been changed however, but I'm not sure of the exact new numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_Super_Series

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    BWF Santion Fees: Tournaments of prize money $50,000 and up to $500,000 pay a 10% fee of total purse prize money.

For tournaments in excess of the $500,000, they pay a $50,000 fee + 5% of the prize money that is in excess of the $500,000.

And a reply to the old post: I think that all R1 losers still get a certain amount of prize money.

Looking up at a wiki article, anyone in the top 32 and so on get a little part of the prize money. The chart has been changed however, but I'm not sure of the exact new numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_Super_Series
    thanks. found it:

"BWF Council agreed in May 2011 a Sanction Fee Cap starting January 2012. The following wording will be included in General Competition Regulations;

‘Level 1 - 3 BWF sanctioned tournaments or international tournaments offering prize money US$ 50,000 or more shall pay a sanction fee to BWF at the rate of 10 per cent of the prize fund up to and including the first US$ 500,000 and a lower rate of 5 per cent for prize money in excess of US$ 500,000’.

..."

http://www2.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Badminton/Documents/BWF_Regulation_Changes.ashx

sounds ok to me.. but obviously not as much as 15% of revenue, as I proposed.

I wonder what BWF will do with this money?
    Last edited by pcll99; 04-15-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by revenue. I would call Revenue ticket and merchandise sales during the tournament.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    What do you mean by revenue. I would call Revenue ticket and merchandise sales during the tournament.
    by revenue, i meant all incoming revenue: ticket sales, sponsorships, merchandise sales, re-broadcasting rights, etc. (But i am not sure government subsidies.)

i guess my 15% proposal seemed a bit far fetch after learning about 10% sanction fee.

15% of revenue is a whole lot more than 10% of prize money.

further, 15% of revenue is hard to implement administratively because BWF has to audit (or has to have the right to audit) the books and accounts of the organizers (or the events).

10% of prize money (eg, US$300,000) is fixed and everyone knows what the exact amounts would be beforehand.

never mind. 10% of prize money is better, i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yaa. my personal experience:
    I went to the states for a badminton tournament, when I told the officer at the border, he didn't even know what is badminton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    "Tax the rich, redeistribute to the poor?!?" Penalize the smartest/most dilligent students in a class [with the best score, say 90 out of 100 points] by distributing their grade to the dumb/lazy students [with low scores 30 out of 100 points] so that everyone get 60 points?!? "Communism at its worst!!!"
    ..yah, equal prize money pay to all the players who come & play at an individual event~spread the wealth around..

Actually BWF had contributed (a bit in this regards) by setting up a few badminton training centers at a few locations throughout the world, just for the purpose of accommodating & providing players who need some sort of pro training. I don't know if those centers are still around or still active or not..

In this thread topic, it may seem excessive to have CHN host 3 different SS (or any country to host more than 1 SS or major event), but i'd say more power to them if they're willing to take up the task..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 06-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenni View Post
    I went to the states for a badminton tournament, when I told the officer at the border, he didn't even know what is badminton.
    Hahaha...... It's not a surprise that most people do not know what Badminton is.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

just tell them, it is like tennis, but twice as fast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which state? NY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Hahaha...... It's not a surprise that most people do not know what Badminton is.
    lol~~ I know. It was just scary cuz those ppl would think that I intended to sneak into USA.
    Last edited by stevenni; 06-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    which state? NY?
    I was corssing from Windsor-Detroit, so its Michigan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    lol~~ I could have, but the problem is the officers at the border are so serious. Better not make any jokes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Fantastic sell! That s how I watch taped tennis matches sometimes. Fast forward at 2x and it looks like bouncing badminton!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

China is the power house in badminton. That's why they have 2 ss per year.

If England if given 2 ss per year, i don't think they is any meaning at all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7