User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 203
  1. #103
    Regular Member icey_drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indonesia very strong in mixed doubles!

    Really surprised China and Korean in recent Australian GPG and New Zealand GP


    They all have talent and potential to prosper and threaten the Chinese and Danish who are the current best at mixed doubles

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    bandung
    Posts
    227
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow... riky and ricie will be temporary splited? i wonder who will be their partners... karanda/ riccie is a good choice.. they grab gold in xd at pon last year

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,095
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    omg, this is a really good match... you all should watch this match....
    Riky demonstrated such a great defensive play with many trick shots like sigit while defending....
    Riky/Richie is great. if they keep consistent, they will be in Top 10 soon

  4. #106
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,029
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okiazr View Post
    Wow... riky and ricie will be temporary splited? i wonder who will be their partners... karanda/ riccie is a good choice.. they grab gold in xd at pon last year
    agree. but Riky Widianto will be a top class XD player i believe

  5. #107
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,029
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post


    omg, this is a really good match... you all should watch this match....
    Riky demonstrated such a great defensive play with many trick shots like sigit while defending....
    Riky/Richie is great. if they keep consistent, they will be in Top 10 soon
    I am a big fans of Riky Widianto. He is just great as a XD player. Hope they will keep improving!!

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With these number of XD pairs - INA should really be dominating, if not now, then soon.

    Now let's see .... from an, ahem, almost neutral standpoint.

    1. Towi/Butet - problem is psychological - what I couldn't understand is, that it should only be affecting Towi if at all. Liliyana Natsir as a former Double World Champ and Olympic Medallist (not to mention the recent back to back All England titles -the best of the Super Series and below titles, BTW), should do more as a stabilizing factor in the pair. If she has to scold her partner in public, then so be it.

    2. Rijal/Debby - I saw Debby in action against CPS/GLY in the Axiata Cup - for the first game at least she was superior but she needs a complementing partner at peak performance to shine. Rijal blew hot and cold in that match. At his age, does he still need guidance? In short, one of these two must be captain, but so far both refuse to take charge.

    3. Kido/Pia - As far as racquet skills and mentality are involved, they are right up there on top. But hey, you want to win majors? Get fitter and faster .......

    4. Fran/Shendy - Now starting to see them playing in a proper system to winning matches, using both players' whacking strength as the main arsenal. Decent defence (except towards Shendy's body), but outright pace and lightning interceptions are a bit lacking at the frontcourt - which causes their downfall when the opposition get the upperhand.

    5. Riky/Richi - Haven't really seen them in action .... so no comment so far.

    6. Irfan/Weni - Weni has the makings of a decent XD frontcourt player, with very good deft touches and change of angles. The guy Irfan Fadhilah needs to temper his enthusiasm a bit, otherwise he could fire a winning shot a foot wide. But this pair has probably among the better fighting spirit among their teammates. Important not to let your heads drop - and this was what made them champs in Australia.

    7. Lukhi/Annisa - sorry - haven't seen them in action too, so judgement is reserved.

    8. Jordan/Vita - a very mobile and energetic player, is young Jordan. Had a picture of him executing the one metre baseline jumper (ala Cheah Soon Kit in 1988) in the Malaysian Super Series. With Vita on board, they can be deadly. But too bad Vita's age is catching up, otherwise they could really be an excellent long term partnership.

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Excellent reviews as always from abedeng Spot on!

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,955
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Agreed with abedeng's review. As precise as always.

  9. #111
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,095
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    With these number of XD pairs - INA should really be dominating, if not now, then soon.

    Now let's see .... from an, ahem, almost neutral standpoint.

    1. Towi/Butet - problem is psychological - what I couldn't understand is, that it should only be affecting Towi if at all. Liliyana Natsir as a former Double World Champ and Olympic Medallist (not to mention the recent back to back All England titles -the best of the Super Series and below titles, BTW), should do more as a stabilizing factor in the pair. If she has to scold her partner in public, then so be it.

    2. Rijal/Debby - I saw Debby in action against CPS/GLY in the Axiata Cup - for the first game at least she was superior but she needs a complementing partner at peak performance to shine. Rijal blew hot and cold in that match. At his age, does he still need guidance? In short, one of these two must be captain, but so far both refuse to take charge.

    3. Kido/Pia - As far as racquet skills and mentality are involved, they are right up there on top. But hey, you want to win majors? Get fitter and faster .......

    4. Fran/Shendy - Now starting to see them playing in a proper system to winning matches, using both players' whacking strength as the main arsenal. Decent defence (except towards Shendy's body), but outright pace and lightning interceptions are a bit lacking at the frontcourt - which causes their downfall when the opposition get the upperhand.

    5. Riky/Richi - Haven't really seen them in action .... so no comment so far.

    6. Irfan/Weni - Weni has the makings of a decent XD frontcourt player, with very good deft touches and change of angles. The guy Irfan Fadhilah needs to temper his enthusiasm a bit, otherwise he could fire a winning shot a foot wide. But this pair has probably among the better fighting spirit among their teammates. Important not to let your heads drop - and this was what made them champs in Australia.

    7. Lukhi/Annisa - sorry - haven't seen them in action too, so judgement is reserved.

    8. Jordan/Vita - a very mobile and energetic player, is young Jordan. Had a picture of him executing the one metre baseline jumper (ala Cheah Soon Kit in 1988) in the Malaysian Super Series. With Vita on board, they can be deadly. But too bad Vita's age is catching up, otherwise they could really be an excellent long term partnership.
    thx for the review, abedeng...
    you can watch Riky/Richi's action in this video below..

  10. #112
    Regular Member Bhinneka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    big island
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    abedeng missed one pair, the pair whom I really put high hope in the future...

    Edi Subaktiar/Gloria

  11. #113
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhinneka View Post
    abedeng missed one pair, the pair whom I really put high hope in the future...

    Edi Subaktiar/Gloria
    I've seen Gloria - good looking photogenic girl ...... very important for the, err, badminton world tour.

  12. #114
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,029
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    here's video of Annisa Saufika.


  13. #115
    Regular Member miksss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Blood-White Bone
    Posts
    11,029
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INA junior XD has done really well in 2011 and 2012 WJC.. All INA final for 2 consecutive years. and also the 2011 AJC Xd winner Lukhi/Ririn.
    2011 WJC: Alfian/Gloria vs Ronald/Tiara
    2012 WJC : Edi/Melati vs Alfian/Shella

    As all of them are now in pelatnas(some do not play in XD though like Tiara, Ronald and Shella). Its all in Richard's hand to polish these players into a top tier players.

  14. #116
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I heard Ronald Alexander and Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah could be playing XD as the coaches are planning to reshuffle some of the pairs in MD and WD.

  15. #117
    Regular Member Bhinneka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    big island
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, there are some new pratama pairs for Walikota Cup (4-9 May, Surabaya)

    in XD:
    Ronald/Maretha, Hafiz/Shella, Wahyu Nayaka/Melvira, Hardianto/Melati, Kevin Sanjaya/Rosyita

  16. #118
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,438
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kevin/Rosyita are being prepared for AJC & WJC. We pretty much don't have any pair except this one and perhaps Rian Swastedian/Masita Mahmudin?

  17. #119
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yogyakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah want to meet Ma Jin regularly, then she needs to play XD too..

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    : 05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
  2. Doubles and Mixed Doubles Badminton Coaching in Hong Kong
    By eguitarcoolboy in forum Coaching Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 02-20-2010, 08:50 AM
  3. Tactics for mixed doubles vs. mens doubles, no gender tournament
    By macazteeg in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 30
    : 04-03-2009, 11:38 PM
  4. [REQUEST] 2001 worldchampionships Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles Final
    By Angelou in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 1
    : 06-22-2006, 12:07 PM
  5. [Request] Commonwealth Games 2006: Mixed Team Men's Doubles
    By Sephiroth in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 2
    : 03-20-2006, 05:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •