Share ur DISSAPOINTMENT with Yonex Z force

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mr.Seafood, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    Just bought this racket last week , First time to try , it was wonderful , all the thing goes well , from the hitting sound , power, control , everything . But after playing about 3-4 games . Its kinda weird that i lose all the feeling i try for the first time .
    Today i get chance to try again , but seems lack of power , speed , its just look like normal racket . This racket still good in the control .
    I used 3U G5 , and suddenly i got injured on my wrist if i do backhand , defend smash , was very painful . I wonder coz the racket is too heavy .
    And as everybody mention before , the sticker is terrible , its already spoilt my racket when is strung for the first time .

Please share if u have any
    thx u

2. observer

observer Regular Member

Hmmm...... i think sometimes is the consistency/focus of our self i guess....
    everyone has their bad day before... i had this kind of days too.

About wrist,elbow,and shoulder pain may be due to wrong technique or strength muscle fatigue..... sometimes i do feel shoulder stiff because played too often.

3. carltan101

carltan101 Regular Member

student
    what were your previous rackets? if they were not as head heavy as vt80 or at700, then of course your wrist would hurt. You probably bought it because it's currently the hottest racket in town, right?

4. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

There is only one reason my disappointment for all Yonex's rackets including VTZF,

WHY THE RECOMMENDED TENSION JUST UP TO 20-27lbs ONLY? I NEED MORE THAN THAT!!!

5. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Not disappointed with the racquet but rather disappointed with myself :D tried my 4u arc zf for a session and found its too head heavy and stiff for me. the sweetspot is small like arc z and not very forgiving imho

fans of the sw35 would like this racquet i believe

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I believe what you want to say is 4U VTZF, since Arc Z does not come in 4U..

7. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Not that I'm disappointed with the racket, but rather I found the 4U version more effective for me.

Wrote a short article for it on the blog - http://bit.ly/HvmWgo

Overall still a good racket, but I've had more magic from the VT80.

8. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    the most annoying thing abt my VTZF is the green sticker...
    it gets dented on 1st strung job...
    to make it worst, mine is JP coded:crying:

9. Fly_Away^_^

Fly_Away^_^ Regular Member

SAP Basis Consultant
    My only disappointment is the paint job, rather sucky. Both my zforce have a paint chip after stringing.

10. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

Don't have the Z but I have found the paint jobs of all my MIJ Yonex are poor alright. Those lowly MIT Cabs I bought years ago are miles better. Guess I am done with Yonex. :rolleyes:

11. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

My only disappointment is that I cannot find a suitable string for me to use for the racquet... It seems that all my usual 0.66mm strings are too weak for it and breaks easily...

Also, the shaft is still a little too flexy for my taste... I prefer the N90 over the VTZF for singles...

12. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    How does the racquet impact the tension the string can withstand? Out of curiosity.

13. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Well apparently the surface area of the VTZF is smaller than most racquets.

The same 26lbs tension on VTZF is apparently tighter than on other racquets with larger surface area... So when I asked for 26lbs, it's actually higher on the VTZF... I don't really know but that's what the stringer told me. He has some "Master Stringer" Certificate....

I'm not going to start a debate about it... Because I'm not a stringer.. But when I got BG66M and Ashaway Power Gut 66 strung on the racket, it did NOT last 3 games... Using NBG98, it still hasn't snapped... But I think the strings are CH or SP coded, which feels softer than before when I used it... Not getting power and feel from it... I've tried NBG98 JP on my VT80 and they were MUCH better!

14. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    or maybe the smaller head + smaller sweetspot means an increased likelihood of mishits. and mishitting a freshly strung 26lb .66 string is just asking for a quick snap. 3 games is nothing out of the ordinary.
    Give me an unfamiliar racquet strung at 26lb with .66 string and I bet you I will snap one every 1/2hr.

15. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    If its that difficult to generate power, this racket isn't for you. Why force yourself to love something! This racket only works well with me once I run out of power juice to wield the AT700 LTD or the N90.

16. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    I see... best advise if one wants to 'carry' or preform better with high end racquets is to really get fit, these racquets are made for serious players that really get themselves fit in and out, thats why they can get and utilise the FULL potential of the racquet itself, look like LCW and TBH, they do wonders with the racquets, for most of us who are casual players, need to make sure one is fit, if not better settle with something abit lower end like the VT70 perhaps? :)

17. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    Whats your usual tension bro? more than 27? :O my optimum tension is 24 and if i go up to 26, i can't even 'feel' the racquet! many times newcomers are 'intrigued' by the fact that they hear pros putting on high tensions, they follow suit and unable to understand why their clears and high shots are half courts and why their net games never pass through.. but when they drop the tension abit, their game totally changes, in a positive way.... :)

18. AezranHakim

Office Boy
    This is very true! i love the at700 to death, but can't find a new unit around the place i stay... at the same time my vt70 has done wonders... but surprisingly i cannot carry the N90, i don't know why.... same goes for the VTZF (3u), i tried and i sold it off, now happy with the VTZF 4U, it really does wonders, smashes are AMAZING!!!! really steep and really fast, but mine is stringed at 24lbs :)

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    thanks for spotting the typo