Best and fastest way to recover from injured rotator cuff?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by diverdan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Hi BC. Has anyone ever damaged their rotator cuff? If so how did you deal with it? I've been carrying injuries to both shoulders and they aren't healing. if anything they are getting worse. Is rest the only cure? Thanks in advance.

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

took a diving catch during cricket and wrenched my shoulder halfway around my torso... not fun

since i am at the gym 3-4 times a week plus twice for badminton my physio told me to do light exercises at home strictly to keep the flexibility and blood circulation going in my shoulder.
    3 weeks until it regained strength

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Did the health provider who confirmed your shoulder problem as rotator cuff give you any instructions?
    If you saw them once and they told you to try and rest it, then go back and they will guide you on the next step.
    Shoulder injuries can become chronic if not cared for properly. Treatment depends on the specific problem you have and its severity and duration. Don't rely on us in this peanut gallery for advice for your particular situation. You need someone to see you.

4. wlachan

wlachan Regular Member

Boy why not just see a doc asap?

5. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    originally i twisted my shoulder badly so i went to the physio who gave me a big elastic band and specific exercises for thanksmy rotator cuff which injured them. like the idea of rest and circulation.