Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love to watch this . Thats really show how fast the player can reach for the birdie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, this is the easiest thing to do to make a big difference. The BWF never seems to realize the problem. Maybe the officials never have to watch matches on TV, because they have tickets to watch live all the time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    In my opinion, this is the easiest thing to do to make a big difference. The BWF never seems to realize the problem. Maybe the officials never have to watch matches on TV, because they have tickets to watch live all the time.
    It is clearly pointed out in their plans to have better tv production (they should even have a special BWF tv director present at the Premier Super Series already as mentioned in one of their presentations a few years ago). But having a point-n-shoot camera in video mode by some reporter next to the court on a little tripod is not quite the same as having broadcast quality camera's covering every angle imaginable ($$$)
    You cannot seriously want to watch a whole match filmed through a fisheye lense like some of the comments there. Nice addition for sure but you cannot even see where the shots land ...

Introduction BWF Strategic Plan 2012-2016
    This strategic plan was adopted by the BWF Council at its meeting of 9 December 2011 and reflects the strategic focus for the organisation leading up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

This plan reflects the new environment in which the BWF is in following significant achievements for the organisation and the sport since May 2009. This plan supersedes the 2008 2013 Strategic Plan.

Priority Area: 1. Television Production

Goal | Strategies how to:

To increase and improve quality of television production.

1. Improve television production quality to HD (quality target).

2. Improve number and range of cameras used in BWF Major Events TV production (quality target).

3. Improve graphics package and speed gun system (quality target).

4. Improve statistics and application of statistics in production (quality target).

5. Televise new BWF showcase events (increase target).

6. Increase television production of BWF & CC events (increase target)

KPI 2012 2016:

o Make HD mandatory for BWF Major Events from 2012 & BWF World Superseries Premier from 2014.

o Increase number of cameras to 10 with introduction of ultra slow-mo Camera from 2012.

o Investigate development of Hawkeye or other similar system for badminton. Trial to be conducted in 2013.

o Review with agency partner, the statistics currently used and how this is implemented in production in 2012. Investigate making this mandatory in the Running Order.

o Improve player profiles for television presentation in 2012 (in support of the communication strategy).

o Increase pool of high quality commentators.

o Increase television coverage of new and revised qualification structure for Thomas & Uber Cup.

o In close cooperation and support of Continental Confederations, increase television coverage of
    Continental Championship.

o Enhance production and distribution of Grand Prix events through concept and brand development of the Grand Prix series.
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viewing angles like these are what I like. Capturing the sound of shots and movements also makes it a better experience. If possible, filter the sound of the noisy crowd Ultra-slow motion in most cases is a waste of time and money. The Chinese broadcasters are notorious for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most camera positions can be lowered. High camera position gives a clear view of the whole court but not the sense of the height of the shuttle. Also, I don't mind watching a few points from the side angle, just above the net.

By the way, Lin Dan handled the interview nicely, even saluted German beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    Viewing angles like these are what I like. Capturing the sound of shots and movements also makes it a better experience. If possible, filter the sound of the noisy crowd Ultra-slow motion in most cases is a waste of time and money. The Chinese broadcasters are notorious for this.
    I agree on the sound capture of shots and movements. However, I like hearing the audience, and I love ultra-slow motion !
    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    I think most camera positions can be lowered.
    Yes, I think the same. It makes me feel I am on the courts, and you can see the speed of the game better in my opinion
    Last edited by SigH-Max; 02-06-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have install cameras to watch all the lines, camera can be more accurate and this can replace all the line judges. The most important is accuracy isn't it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like the classic viewing angle, I feel that it is way too far away from the court, and it's difficult to see how the shuttle is hit, for example how close it is to the net or how high the lift is. Sometimes I even mistake a short push for a lift and vice versa. It's impossible to see that! And also the racket movement, deception is also difficult to detect from the angle. It gives a decent overview but it's like watching ants, especially with the terrible resolution / quality of most matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta love the copenhagen open

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a really good camera angle as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crayze311 View Post
    Very nice, but this cannot replace the traditional view from behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The view posted above is my favorite. You get to see not only the explosiveness of the players, but it covers all corners of movement sufficiently. The closeness of the camera and mike to the court just makes the shot sounds crispier and more whip like and shows how fast the hand moves. Exactly how it should be. For me the sound of smashes is a great factor in watching matches live.

onto my rant:

Badminton is viewed as barely a sport at my university. The courts are situated in a multipurpose hall and they recieve such low priority that the nets are torn down at the slightest opportunity.

I can't blame the higher ups for thinking so too when all you see are lovesick couples just happy to get the shuttle across. Apart from when the official club plays, the standard of play is so low that people who want to try out the sport just wonder how fun it can get.

It's quite a vicious cycle, for the sport to recieve more popularity, the standard of play needs to be better globally and at a grass-roots level. For that to happen, there need to be more training camps set by semi-professionals(at least) in regular intervals for people to learn and get better. For that to happen, there needs to be more funding directed for this very cause. For more funding, the sport needs to gain more popularity to bring in more revenue. AAAAH. This frustrates me.

Honestly, how can people watch a CY/FHF LYD/JJS thriller and still think badminton is a wimpy sport? I'm doing my part encouraging all my friends to play badminton. 3 of my american room mates now play and they are pretty good now if I may say so myself.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

myic90, you are doing exactly what you should be doing: Spreading the word to your friends and encouraging the sport locally.

It might be better if we were all millionaire philanthropist who could hire professional coaches from Asia to grow badminton in North America. But since most of us are not, the best we can do is to be good role models. A confident, generous talent is one that others will emulate.
    Keep doing what you are doing and Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would really love to have this kind of camera angle..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

German Open always love to record badminton actions by different camera angle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast