Armotec 500

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by david14700, Aug 8, 2003.

1. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I've read a lot about the Armotec 700, and I've tried it a couple of times, but it's far too light for me. I'm deciding on whether to buy a 500, but no-one I know has one I can try.

Is anyone using one right now and what is it like? I know it's slightly heavier and has an stiff shaft, rather than the 700's extra stiff shaft. That should suit me better.

Also, as an aside point, is it true Yonex have stopped making the Ti-10 and the MP100? Seems a shame, as both rackets, especially the Ti-10 still seem to be popular with players.

I guess Yonex have to promote their latest rackets though.

2. nSmash

nSmash Regular Member

Computer Engineer
    The AT500 is lighter and less stiff than the AT700. Was the AT700 that
    you tried a 4U? Perhaps 3U would be heavy enough for you. The AT500
    is less head-heavy so it will feel lighter than AT700 if you compare 3U to
    3U or 4U to 4U.

3. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I tried a 4U, which was too light and very head heavy. It gave good smashes, but I didn't feel too confident about the racket as a whole.

That much weight in the head on such a light racket makes me think it won't last too long. Although, Yonex have given the 700 the higest recommended string tension ever on a racket, so they must be pretty sure it's strong.

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Yes, yonex has discontinued the Ti-10. However, about the MP100..I did hear that it was going to be discontinued, but apparently, it's still in the yonex 2003 catelog so my guess is as good as yours for MP100