Canadian Customs

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by KohKoh, Apr 10, 2012.

1. KohKoh

KohKoh Regular Member

I recently bought a racket from Squashmart/Eric and it's in 'item processed at postal facility' part in Richmond. It's coming to Calgary and I don't know how the delivery works. does it come on a plane or a truck?

2. Baddersmum

Baddersmum Regular Member

Ring the distribution company with your reference number. If it's coming in from aboard, you may need to pay some duty/tax. I've had that problem importing stuff to the UK and it just sat there for a few days until I rang them up.

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It will come on a plane. Stuff can sit in customs at the port of entry for a while (few days to a week). It can seem an interminable wait when you are really keen to receive something. But most of the time, by the time the postal service updates the webpage to say 'released from customs', you'll be getting a knock on your door with your package. Not bad service for a non-urgent item from half-way round the world.:)

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    If it's at customs...once it's processed...it'll most likely be on a truck on route to you. Since you're in Calgary probably 2 more days to get to you. Just in time for the weekend.