Music

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by RJCMGP, Aug 8, 2003.

1. RJCMGP

RJCMGP Regular Member

student/busser
    Hey. Does anyone here use music before they play to get them physced? I do. At almost every tournament, if I am not talking and horsing around with my team, I am in a corner watching a game, listening to my walkman. Also, I was wondering if anyone here uses music for their training? My coach allows it for all of us, because we just find that it helps out a lot. Fave bands? I love the tea party, smashing pumpkins and metallica. I actually have bios for them on my site. Anyone have a particular song that they listen to before they play? I know this one guy, and he would always listen to We Are The Champions and Another Bites The Dust before every game. I like to listen to Anthem for the year 2000 by Silverchair before I go. So,w hat about you guys?:confused: Rachelle

2. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    I LOVE listening to music!! I use it to get me pumped up for any sport or exercise. It is great motivation when doing hard exercise.

Fave band is Linkin Park. Their stuff is so good for motivation, since they're all about being bullied/belittled/outdone by someone else.

Phil

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I like music before the game, too. If i don't have my CD player / walkman, I would rather sing to myself (of course, can't be loud). I don't think i use music to motivate myself, but just try to calm myself down and ready to be concentrate.

If there's no rulez about "distrubing opponent", I don't mind sing a song to my opponents as well. With my "killing" voice, guess they will give up even before getting on to the court. :D

4. RJCMGP

RJCMGP Regular Member

student/busser
    Good strategy.;) Maybe I will try it. I sing to myself at practices, but not usually at tournaments.

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You're a total opposite of me. I speak almost nothing on the court to the opponents, only to my partner and only about tactical matters. I get pretty annoyed when the opponent acts silly. The more I'm motivated to hammer the shuttle into their mouth....

Gee... how could I be so violent? :D

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think u mis-understood my comments.

I was just joking about "whether i should sing a song to my opponent" but i never really did. I know the rulez, and I am serious when I step on the court. I will never treat a match as a "show room" and doing things like crazy. I consider that's dis-respectful for the game and my opponent.

7. chub2003

chub2003 Regular Member

yea the new linkin park song "faint" gets me really pumped. I also listen to techno while i work out :D

8. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    yeah, i listen to music during tournys and stuff.... mainly cuz i'm bored, but it helps me relax and think depending on what i'm listening to....

i actually once was warned that i was not allowed to listen to my minidisc player while playing my match....

9. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

#9 jcl49, Apr 10, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2005