Racket for getting back into the game

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by CWJ88, Apr 12, 2012.

1. CWJ88

CWJ88 New Member

Student
    Hi all,

I stopped playing badminton regularly (used to play twice a week) due to an injured wrist a few years back. Ive recently gotten the itch to get back into the game.

My current racket used to belong to my dad, a Yonex Carbonex 8 which is older than I am (over 20 years old) and holds a lot of sentimental value for me. Hence I am looking to retire the antique and get a replacement.

I wouldn't count myself as an expert player, but I'm pretty decent with my smashes but I often find my drop shots hitting just below the tip of the net (doesn't go through as often as I would like)

Would greatly appreciate if any kind souls out there would recommend me a racket between SGD100 - SGD150. I am rubbish when it comes to choosing rackets, and I wouldn't want to end up getting one that is either overpriced and doesnt suit me.

BTW, I am living in Singapore.

2. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

Bring ur old racket and ask the shop, they will recommend u nice one for u

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

If you live near Queensway Shopping Centre go over there and ask several retailers and etc. You might want to look at Apacs rackets.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Since you are living in Singapore, it is not that hard to find recreational badminton player who is willing to lend you their rackets for a few strokes. Then you just need to find the rackets which is suitable for you...