Stringway MS200

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by GT0ro, Apr 12, 2012.

1. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

Hello,

I am in the market of getting a stringing machine for badminton and have interest in the Stringway MS200.

I have been reading about some issues with the mounting system and would like any opinions from anybody who has had experience with this type of mounting?

Also, any comments on the tension system? It seems to be quite unique and similar to an electronic constant pull without the electronic part?

The pricing for this seems to be $1600+. Any good alternatives other than the popular Gamma 6004 + wise2086?

Any comments or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's a strange machine.

foot operated?

expensive, strange mechanism, doesn't look like wise adaptable, questionable mounting...

3. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    whatever kwun said ...

as for alternative .. at that price range there isn't much however i heard that alpha is coming out with some new models correct me if i am wrong.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's a no-man land price range.

most of the top of the line pro level crank machines are around $1300. the best of the bunch is really the 6004.

most of the worth-owning electronic machines are $2500 or so. the new Alpha Ghost looks pretty nice for the price.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

What a strange machine. This kind of thing was prevalent in the 1970s... why make one now? Doesn't really save any space over a "normal" dropweight, and is a lot slower than either a crank or an electronic.

$1600? SKIP. Keep $500-600 for a WISE and use the rest on the best crank machine you can get. $1600 will net you a very, very nice WISE combo machine.

6. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Totally agree. Stringway seems to have a strange vision of what is a stringing machine and while they seem to try hard to push new innovations in the market, their stringing machines seem like they were designed 30 years ago and never changed. I don't know what makes you desire a Stringway so much when there are a lot of more popular and probably better designed machines on the market.

Every process from mounting the racket to pulling, releasing and holding tension seems like it is overly complicated or taking too much time compared to most stringing machines out there.

Like Mark A said, for 1600$, you could get a WISE tension head, which alone is better value than that machine, and buy a really good machine to go with it (Gamma 6004 is an excellent candidate, however there are other machines you could use).

You could also buy a second hand machine, and for 1600$, I would not be surprised if you could get an excellent electronic machine. Just ask around.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    to give them credit, they do have some interesting ideas. there are good ones and there are ones that make me think, "if it's not broken, why 'fix' it?"

the stringbed calculator seems like a good one. but one that is less intuitive, despite probably a better determining factor. but then at the same time, i wonder how accurate it would be with the wide range of tension, racket head shape, racket head stiffness and string property.

and the styling, yes, looks like some old machinery photos from the 60's. very retro styling, even the logo look very retro.

8. onefromcov

onefromcov Regular Member

I have owned a ms200 for 4 years the only issues are while clamping the first cross string at the head.
    The actual mounting of the frame is the most secure you can get imo.I regulary string over 30lb with no problems.
    The foot pedal makes stringing fast and gives total control over the tension head.it is very accurate.I average under 25 mins for badminton and 17 mins tennis with out rushing.
    Having used one im a convert and am pleaded with mine.

9. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Buy my Alpha Pioneer DC+, I'll give you The Walking Dead Discount :D