Serial numbers

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ari, Mar 30, 2001.

1. ari

ari Guest

i just visited a shop today in singapore and get mp100 , i got a few tips from the shop on how to check whether a racket is yonex original....first the titanium mesh is finer if u look carefully, the titanium cross lines are finer and closer and colour is more classic ,just use your feeling and new batch of yonex rackets should have serial numbers, and some people mention before that if i comes from USA ,the serial no. ends with US and from thailand ,ends with TH or something,and i got mayself that ends with HK, is this correct that each countries rackets have different serial numbers.and i had a ti-8 bought from indonesia does not have any serial numbers.is it true that yonex just include the serial numbers for new batches now. Can serial numbers be fake too??????Should we suggest to Yonex to have a site where we can check whether the serial numbers are real.....just another question...is MP100 3U or 2U ?and MP77 is lighter though,could it be better than MP100?half said that MP100 is TOO heavy.

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Yes your correct...

I thought we finished this discussion... but you are correct.
    Each country get's a certain "allocation" which means Serial numbers for different batches of racquets are created for each country.
    This also helps to gauge whether or not the pirates are at work out there with counterfeit items... I don't know how that works though...

I wont comment on what racquet is heavy or not heavy... everyone has different perceptions of things... and nobody is 100% right or totally wrong.

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Re: Yes your correct...

To tell you the truth, I did invent or should I say "brainstormed" an idea or way of using serial numbers. Recently, I mentioned that my friend whom is a coach at another high school got his rackets stolen at the recent Berkeley tournament. So I got into thinking and thought up of something...what up we had records of serial numbers of Yonex rackets in a database to keep in check what are real and what are fake...AND have information about the owner's of the rackets. It would also have the date and RECEIPT of purchasement from retailers. That way, if the racket was stolen, you can report it to that database, and local retailers would look out for the racket because most people get their rackets restrung and the retailer can have access to that database to see if it's really YOUR racket or if it's stolen. It's like driving a stolen car when the cops can track you down. I seriously say this can probably work.

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    sorry...

It doesn't quite work that way...
    The serial numbers on our racquets are for the batch numbers only.

Not individual items.

The same holds true for most things you buy in the stores... eg video games, computer parts are different...

5. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Re: sorry...

Nah man..but wouldn't it be cool though? If we had some sort of system like that to work with?

6. Don

Don Regular Member

Re: sorry...

Uhm no! 1984 alert!

7. modious

modious Regular Member

Hey, which shop did you buy it from?
    Care to share?
    and how much did u purchase it for?

8. ari

ari Guest

sembawang shopping centre,they have lots of yonex rackets.bought it for $198 and the shop name is pacific,the seller is very friendly,u sure will go back to get more...