Chipped paint on my MX80

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by RoyLab's, Apr 16, 2012.

1. RoyLab's

RoyLab's Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi guys. First of all this is my first post on this forum but i have been reading here early this year.So here it goes.. I have played a nice game tonight and there have been no racket clashing. But during my cooling down period, as I was about to put my MX80 on its racket bag, i saw a chipped paint at 1 o'clock.. Wwaahhh!!! Only thing that i could think of that causes this was my miss hit (hit the frame instead of the string) during my smashes. It happened i think 4 to 5 times.Question guys, how do you deal with chipped paint on your racket? Is it advisable to spray some clear coat on the chipped area since the chipped part can easily peel off the paint around it? That's the only thing i could think off to prevent further peeling of paint.This is the best racket i had so far and i dont want its beauty to be tainted.. By the way i play doubles.

2. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

As a fellow MX80 owner I know how you feel. It is not only powerful to play but also beautiful to behold:D However it is often unavoidable that clashes and mishits will be happening and your pristine racquet will be marred by those nasty chips. Just remember what defines a good racquet is how well it plays and how it suits your style, (when viewed from Manufacturer's side ) also possibly the grade of material, manufacturing process, and level of quality control.

A clear coat might help, but I think most of us wouldn't worry about chips unless you are worried about selling your racquet in the future. Just my two cents :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Very easy fix if you are a girl, have a girlfriend or a wife. ;).

Just borrow some nail polish that matches the chip colour and paint a thin layer on it. :D

Fortunately the mx80 is mostly red and black, so fixing the chips on mine was quite painless. :)

4. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I had an Arc 009DX that chipped like mad. Didn't have much bird-time with my MX80 yet but I hope it doesn't chip that easily. It's a very nice paintjob and I'd like to keep it that way.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    back in the (really) old days when i used to mountain bike. lots of people in online forum cry over dinks and paintchips on their spanking new mtbs.

the general advise then (and maybe now) is to throw the mtb down the stairs once you take it home from the shop. get it over with and enjoy the biking.

seems like we need similar solution here too. :D

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ dang! remind me not to let you string my racket :p

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Battle scars!!!!

8. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i sure hope u didn't throw your racquets down the stairs ... LOL

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I throw mine at my opponents! ;)

10. RoyLab's

RoyLab's Regular Member

Engineer
    It is such a great racket with beauty. I dont want to sell the racket in the future cause this will be a classic in my own style. But I guess I just have to accept this scar (no choice).. Scar is beauty as some might say. A nail polish will somehow prevent further chipping on the paint. Thank a many.. :)

11. RoyLab's

RoyLab's Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks dude.. I will borrow my gf's black nail polish. I believe this will solve the cosmetic problem.. :D

12. RoyLab's

RoyLab's Regular Member

Engineer
    THROWING RACKETS! seems like a nice name for a badminton team :D
    It pinch my heart throwing my rackets down the stairs. If I'm LCW/LD/TH/PG/LYD, I wouldn't mind doing it anyway :eek:

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Racket Shuriken!