User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how durable are gum sole shoes?

i've heard that the rubber used in the outsole or gumsole of indoor court shoes is not as durable as the outsole of other sports shoes like cross trainers, tennis shoes, basketball shoes, etc. i was wondering if anybody has ever damaged the gum soles of their indoor court shoes? i've heard many people complain that the gum soles tend to separate from the midsole (this seems to happen often with yonex shoes), but i was wondering if anyone has actually damaged the sole itself when using the shoes away from the court (ex. while driving).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't wear those shoes outside of the court...ever. It will greatly reduce the grip, which is the main reason you paid all that money for those shoes remember!? For badminton use, they are fairly durable though i've not used Yonex ones (but they have a reputaiton for being easily falling apart.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and don't let your shoes exposing under the sun. I have damaged one pair of Yonex shoes this way. Keep your shoes in a cool place, play only indoor as intructed by the manufacturer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't really understand why people would treat expensive indoor court shoes as street shoes. It's such a waste... the habit should be frowned upon as they mess up the courts and endanger themselves and other people. Of course, slipping and cracking your head would make a good excuse for losing a game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: how durable are gum sole shoes?

Originally posted by rocket
    i've heard that the rubber used in the outsole or gumsole of indoor court shoes is not as durable as the outsole of other sports shoes like cross trainers, tennis shoes, basketball shoes, etc.
    Well, I don't think that's a very fair comparison at the 1st place.

Different shoes are designed for different purpose, and will deal with different material for the ground. Badminton shoes are strickly designed for in-door usage, and many clubs won't permit outdoor shoes to be used on badminton court. Badminton shoes are designed more for the grip of the floor, but not focus on the durability.

Lucky ur friends did not compare gymnastics shoes or ballet shoes with tennis shoes, etc.