Mizuno Wave Spike, Blocker, Epic and Stratosphere

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by mjjmjj, Aug 9, 2003.

1. mjjmjj

mjjmjj Regular Member

I searched the archives and noticed a number of people recommending the Mizuno Wave indoor court shoes for badminton. I recently started playing badminton again after 25 years off. I picked up a pair of the Mizuno Wave Blocker shoes which seemed to fit me as well as or better than the Yonex shoes that I tried.

In North America it seems there are 4 Wave indoor court shoes for sale (no Wave Smash or Return as far as I can see) namely the Stratosphere, Epic, Blocker and Spike. Any idea how the 4 Wave court shoes differ in ways that might make them better or worse for badminton?

The Blocker seems to be the lightest with the Spike being also very close. The Epic and Stratosphere seem to be slightly heavier but claim to provide additional stability via an internal strapping system (BioLock in Mizuno tech-speak). Not sure if that would be a noticeable advantage but having rolled my ankles a number of times I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has compared these shoes.

The other difference between the Stratosphere and Epic appears to be in the way the wave is laid out but (Parallel Wave versus Composite Double Fan). Alas, the marketing speak doesn't really indicate what difference that would make.

Thoughts? Comments? Jokes?

Cheers,
    Mike

2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi!

Me too i'm really interested in buying mizuno wave shoes but don't know much about them. It seem that all the review on mizuno shoes are very old. You guys have any info on new models?

I've been searching on ebay and all they sell is runner shoes (example:mizuno wave renegade). Anyone tried wave renegade for badminton? Is it ok for it? Where Can I find the cheapest store nowadayz?

3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    yeah... we definitely need to sticky that one. Timeless is our resident shoe Doc:p.

5. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student