User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 313
  1. #137
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Simon is injured??? He's becoming rather prone to injury now.
    Last edited by badMania; 04-18-2012 at 08:17 AM.

  2. #138
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MS R16
    Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka [13] vs Chen Long [2] - it will be a sign of improvement if Hayom can even stretch Chen Long to 3-sets.

    MD R16
    Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra
    [5] vs Sok Chantorn/Kanora Ngoun - should be a breeze for AG/Alvent.

    Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan vs Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu [4] - the TPE pair will take this.

    Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro vs Hirokatsu Hashimoto/Noriyasu Hirata [2] - this will be another titanic match. I hope the INA pair can repeat their victory in Sydney 2 weeks ago and improve the chance of Kido/Hendra of nailing the Final Olympic spot.

    WD R16
    Vita Marissa/Nadya Melati vs Eom Hye Won/Jang Ye Na - I am quite surprised the INA pair won the first-round match. I still don't think they can progress to QF.

    XD R16
    Irfan Fadhilah/Weni Anggraini vs Shoji Sato/Shizuka Matsuo [8] - Irfan/Weni received a free-pass to R16 after their Korean opponent retired in the first set. Sato/Matsuo to take this!

    Lee Sheng Mu/Chien Yu Chin vs Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto [7] - it's better for Rijal/Debby that the TPE pair beat He/Bao. Rijal/Debby have a chance of progressing to QF.

    Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati vs Xu Chen/Ma Jin [2] - a tough match for Fran/Shendy and I will be very surprised if they can beat the WR 2 CHN pair.

  3. #139
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    21-0, 21-0 for Fran/Shendy. Quite a record I should say.
    Last edited by badMania; 04-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  4. #140
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    21-0; 21-0. Wow!
    Why no give face?

  5. #141
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    You know how notoriously thirsty those cars are, right?!
    Nope, looking at the scoreline at 21-19 of the 3rd set, it was the pit stop that did the damage.

  6. #142
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    21-0, 21-0 for Fran/Shendy. Quite a record I should say.
    The match was over in 9 minutes. How did the Turks qualified for this tournament? I wondered was there some quota such that the Turks get to play in bigger tournaments?

  7. #143
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well
    as long as u rank high enough to listed in the main draw
    then u can play

  8. #144
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,508
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wang Lin continues her steady progress, overcoming another ROW rising star Sung JH. A firm though gradual comeback is preferable to a topsy-turvy one,in my opinion - she's got to watch it and not suffer any serious injury that has sidelined her for quite a long while.

    A sad case in point is Simon Santoso, so injury-prone for such a talented player.

  9. #145
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    14,508
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't supposed Lin Dan is taking this tourney seriously,only showing himself because it's held in China,otherwise he won't even be participating. Expect Chen Long and Chen Jin to fight it out for the title.

    As for the WS, this title would mean more to WSX than anybody else as her OG spot is under threat from LXR, judging from the fact that only WYH and WX were "exempted" from playing in the upcoming last-OG-qualifying India SS, where it is possible that WSX and LXR may be competing to see which of the two gets the 3rd spot - lucky Lady Li, coming from out of the blue to within an outside chance of going to London. Based on ranking points alone,it's highly unlikely if not impossible for LXR to overtake WSX in 3rd position, so there is actually no need for WSX to play in the India SS. This will no doubt put tremendous pressure on WSX to perform, and to a not inconsiderable extent on LXR too, so much so that it may very well mentally affect both their play here and in the India SS, we shall see.

  10. #146
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Nope, looking at the scoreline at 21-19 of the 3rd set, it was the pit stop that did the damage.
    So blame the pit crew for a sloppy tire change?

  11. #147
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    21-0, 21-0 for Fran/Shendy. Quite a record I should say.
    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Why no give face?
    Newspaper headlines the next day:

    Turkey Declares War on Indonesia


  12. #148
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Newspaper headlines the next day:

    Turkey Declares War on Indonesia

    OMG is your geography that poor ?? It's Turkmenistan not Turkey....that country is located in Central Asia.....

  13. #149
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,035
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    OMG is your geography that poor ?? It's Turkmenistan not Turkey....that country is located in Central Asia.....
    OMG, that's what I meant to write. Brain fart... apologies to Turkey, but they could also declare war on Indonesia if they have nothing else better to do.

  14. #150
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I don't supposed Lin Dan is taking this tourney seriously,only showing himself because it's held in China,otherwise he won't even be participating. Expect Chen Long and Chen Jin to fight it out for the title.

    As for the WS, this title would mean more to WSX than anybody else as her OG spot is under threat from LXR, judging from the fact that only WYH and WX were "exempted" from playing in the upcoming last-OG-qualifying India SS, where it is possible that WSX and LXR may be competing to see which of the two gets the 3rd spot - lucky Lady Li, coming from out of the blue to within an outside chance of going to London. Based on ranking points alone,it's highly unlikely if not impossible for LXR to overtake WSX in 3rd position, so there is actually no need for WSX to play in the India SS. This will no doubt put tremendous pressure on WSX to perform, and to a not inconsiderable extent on LXR too, so much so that it may very well mentally affect both their play here and in the India SS, we shall see.
    You are missing the plot here...is not the matter of who overtakes who or who stays at the top three. The rules allow the country/LYB to exercise the right to select the three among the four players from the same nationality should all four of them make it to the top four.

    WSX has a point to prove and indeed it's a very strong and valid point to prove in India and this tournament. If Li Xuerui performs well and caught LYB's attention,even if LXR is fourth, he could just dropped WSX just like that with one command..Snap, Kapoot, WSX's Olympic dream is over..

    I suspect there's a hidden agenda for WSX...she will hope Saina performs well or should they meet again, she could purposely lose to her so Li Xuerui gets demoted to the fifth spot.

  15. #151
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LKH/GVS meeting Fang/Lee TPE's pair today. All the best for the MAS duo. I pray they dont pull a KKK/TBH stunt today. Even if they go down, please go down fighting.

    Too many CHN walls for todays matches, as usual....Any upsets would be amazing!

  16. #152
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    LKH/GVS meeting Fang/Lee TPE's pair today. All the best for the MAS duo. I pray they dont pull a KKK/TBH stunt today. Even if they go down, please go down fighting.

    Too many CHN walls for todays matches, as usual....Any upsets would be amazing!
    Fang/Lee beaten GVS/LKW in previous meeting at Aus Open, hope the MAS duo get their revenge real real bad...!!

  17. #153
    Regular Member Jimmy_Goh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,535
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    I suspect there's a hidden agenda for WSX...she will hope Saina performs well or should they meet again, she could purposely lose to her so Li Xuerui gets demoted to the fifth spot.
    That was my thought too in the last tournament (Swiss Open) when WSX lost to Saina . . .

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 570
    : 04-06-2012, 11:33 PM
  2. 2012 Swiss Open GP Gold: Qualifications to Quarter-Finals matches
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 535
    : 03-17-2012, 10:34 AM
  3. 2012 All England SSP: Fri 09-Mar Quarter-Finals matches
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 448
    : 03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
  4. 2012 German Open GP Gold: Qualifications to Quarter-Finals matches
    By chris-ccc in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012
    Replies: 687
    : 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM
  5. Yonex-Sunrise Badminton Asia Championships: Quarter Finals(16 April)
    By undeadshot in forum Asian / European Championships 2010
    Replies: 310
    : 04-16-2010, 11:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •