HEAD Power Helix 5000 -- 8000 - Recommend or Avoid for an average player.

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by 999patrick999, Apr 16, 2012.

1. 999patrick999

999patrick999 New Member

POSTMAN
    Hi - I was just wondering If anybody would Recommend or Not - Any of the HEAD Power Helix rackets - they are on sale near me and would they be worth trying out.

Any personal feedback would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

2. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

head - babolat - wilson. these are tennis + squash manufacturers first. badminton second.

3. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    two friends of me had a racket from the metallix series. one broke at the shaft and the other on the grip. another friend of me had 2 rackets from the nano power series. here the same. one broke at the shaft and the other on the grip.
    in a game the rackets are quite good, but the quality is really poor.

4. 999patrick999

999patrick999 New Member

POSTMAN
    Thanks Alex82 - much appreciated comments.

5. Sternschnuppe

Sternschnuppe Regular Member

i had a metallix 4000 2nd hand, many clashes but lasts very long. would buy a new one but it is not available anymore

6. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    I dont experience that Head racket break easily, cuz me and a friend of mine own in total 4 Head metallix rackets. 4000, 8000 and 2X 10000. They all are in good shape and have been played every week atleast 2 times. 4000 is over 3 years old, 10000 and 8000 is over 2 years old and 1 10000 is new, so that doesnt count.

If the price is good i'd say go for it. Good price quality in my opinion.

Dont think about it, cuz Head doesnt make any badmintonrackets anymore, that's what I heard. So be fast to grab some.

Greetzz

7. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I've had 2 or 3 power helix 8000, and one metallix 8000. no problems with durability and I highly recommend them.

8. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    you clash with any racket and it breaks! Remember, you are supposed to hit the shuttle not the ground or your partner's racket... if you do, there is a chance to break your racket, even if you use a strong Victor. I had one Helix 10000 myself, I really liked it. I played with it almost everyday during hard tranings for about 3 months. But it broke finally in the frame, as it had an injury from a racket clash. Right now I have 3 Yonex and one Talbot, lt's see how long they last.

If you got a good deal for the helix series, don't wait, buy it. It is a pleasure to play with them.

9. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

i used to play with the head power helix 5000 when i was a beginner. its quite flexible and headlight-balanced, so i'd say its good for the beginning player.

i'd recommend trying it if those qualities suit you best. after all, the racket should suit you, not the other way around.

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

as has been mentioned - head are stopping their production of badminton equipment, so any rackets left are clearance and should be dirt cheap - You'll be paying £40-£60 for £110 rrp rackets that would be £120/£130 rrp if they had 'yonex' on the shaft... Absolute bargains.

11. mohala

mohala Regular Member

Brought my sister Helix 5000 with yonex BG66 at 23lbs, got to play with it for a day when she forgot to take it with her to uni, its a good racket for smashes I didn't have to put much effort into it, compaired to my yonex isometric, but it didn't feel right for me for net play and smashes, it felt as if its absorbs a bit too much of the shock from the smash, but that maybe that I have gotten too use to using the same yonex racket for the last 4 years.

But I did notice a major diffrence its is lighter than my yonex and I do suffer from a recurring sholder pain/injury, but I was able to play 5 games of doubles in three hours with out pain which was a good thing for me :)

mo