User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What racket has these specs???

    Okay so I had a bit of a sh!tty few games playing comp last night, so I decided to use it as a racket evaluation evening and mess around a bit.

    I've decided that what I really want, is a Kason C7 with better stiffness and stability. The feel and weighting of the C7 is superb, but the lack of stiffness isn't doing it for me anymore. Actually it's funny how you can buy a racket, play with it initially and find it too heavy and stiff, and then 6 months later find it too flexible.

    So, what I'm looking for is a racket (Don't care about brand) with a BP of about 305mm, that has a head heavy feel but good torsional stiffness, and isn't a slug.

    For the life of me I can't find anything like this.

    My SW310 is close, but slightly not stiff enough and not particularly fast.

    Recalling the distant past, my old AT900T was close, but I remember it as being too head heavy and not as fast as it should be. (But granted this was like 2+ years ago)

    Does anyone know of anything with the specs I'm after?

  2. #2
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,209
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, there's this new brand by some crazy fanatic...

    with exactly the specs you're after...

    some weird name like White Label Kanabo or something...

  3. #3
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lolz I was waiting for that one!

    Okay, so this is kinda 'market research' for me in a way, but also just the very practical fact that in the interim I need some new rackets to try

    I was thinking the LYD, but it's still only 295-7mm BP so it just seems like a BS10 to me. I don't like the Superwaves so they're out....

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Okay so I had a bit of a sh!tty few games playing comp last night, so I decided to use it as a racket evaluation evening and mess around a bit.

    I've decided that what I really want, is a Kason C7 with better stiffness and stability. The feel and weighting of the C7 is superb, but the lack of stiffness isn't doing it for me anymore. Actually it's funny how you can buy a racket, play with it initially and find it too heavy and stiff, and then 6 months later find it too flexible.

    So, what I'm looking for is a racket (Don't care about brand) with a BP of about 305mm, that has a head heavy feel but good torsional stiffness, and isn't a slug.

    For the life of me I can't find anything like this.

    My SW310 is close, but slightly not stiff enough and not particularly fast.

    Recalling the distant past, my old AT900T was close, but I remember it as being too head heavy and not as fast as it should be. (But granted this was like 2+ years ago)

    Does anyone know of anything with the specs I'm after?
    Your statement means that C7 loses shaft stiffness in a faster fashion than other racket at the same price tag..It is quite surprising...It holds my back of purchasing C7...

    Thanks for the info, Maklike Tier.

  5. #5
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,209
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heh . But seriously, you shouldn't focus too much only on BP. Swing wt is more indicative of how it plays in terms of speed and power.

    Eg. an 85g 295mm bp dry mx80 would play similar compared to an 88g 290mm bp dry version of the same racket.

    Btw have you tried a 4u VTZF? It has some amazing oomph for an 83g racket, and is unusually fast for 310mm bp dry!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It hasn't 'lost' its shaft stiffness, it's just that when you play it back-to-back with say one of the Meteors, you really notice it's lack of stiffness.

    The C7 hasn't changed, it's my game that's changed.

    I love everything about the C7, I just wish it was sharper handling.

    Like Lee Yong Dae and his BS09, I severely doubt that Cai Yun actually uses an off-the-shelf C7.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Heh . But seriously, you shouldn't focus too much only on BP. Swing wt is more indicative of how it plays in terms of speed and power.

    Eg. an 85g 295mm bp dry mx80 would play similar compared to an 88g 290mm bp dry version of the same racket.

    Btw have you tried a 4u VTZF? It has some amazing oomph for an 83g racket, and is unusually fast for 310mm bp dry!
    I played one game with a 3U ZF and didn't like it at all - but it was strung with BG80P @ 28lbs - so it was kinda everything I hate in a racket all wrapped up in a single racket! Too heavy for me to get any power out of it because my swing-speed was way down, but I did like the feel off the stringbed. It was weird though, because there was this strange disconnect between my hand and what the shuttle was doing....like I'd have to reconfigure my brain to interpret the racket!

    That's probably the weirdest thing I've ever said on a badminton forum.

    I might try a 4U ZF though, it's not a bad suggestion, but I still have a feeling that the net BP would still be in the vicinity of 315 which is way over the 305 I want.

  8. #8
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,209
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    nope... my 4u vtzf is dry 82.5g 310mm bp... becoming gross 91.9g 307mm bp with vs850 and g09 white overgrip

    loads of power, yet still fast enough for doubles... but my 87g 295mm bp dry mx70 is much faster, although a bit down on power

  9. #9
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hrm, sounds doable.

    Now I just have to remortgage the house and secretly sell the cat.

    *edit* Ah, the problem is that I use the RKEP Ultimate replacement grip with actually increases the BP, rather than decreases it. I guess I could try an overgrip for a change....
    Last edited by Maklike Tier; 04-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Hrm, sounds doable.

    Now I just have to remortgage the house and secretly sell the cat.

    *edit* Ah, the problem is that I use the RKEP Ultimate replacement grip with actually increases the BP, rather than decreases it. I guess I could try an overgrip for a change....
    Joke of the day

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Heh . But seriously, you shouldn't focus too much only on BP. Swing wt is more indicative of how it plays in terms of speed and power.

    Eg. an 85g 295mm bp dry mx80 would play similar compared to an 88g 290mm bp dry version of the same racket.

    Btw have you tried a 4u VTZF? It has some amazing oomph for an 83g racket, and is unusually fast for 310mm bp dry!
    I absolutely agree with the statement...Swing weight is much more indicative...If we have found a specific swing weight on which we would be more comfortable with, the next thing to tackle is just shaft stiffness only..

    Regarding 4U Racket, recently i have tried VT80LTD 4U version. WOW, to me, it is such a nice racket to use, it is fast in defense & drive, powerful for smashing too...I might cancel my plan to buy MX80...just stick to VTZF & VT80 LTD, both in 4U...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Based on above spec, you're looking for a head heavy racket which is stiff or has a stiff feeling? The rackets I like in this category are still the Victor MX80, Li Ning N90-II and the FZ Forza Ti 555VS where the Ti555VS is head heavy and the other 2 are less head heavy. Because I like the MX80 and the Li Ning N90-II, I'll try to get my hands on the FZ Forza Ti 666. This is a very stiff racket, but same balance as the Ti555S which is about the same feel as the Yonex AT900P. As mentioned above, I'm also not into balance points. It doesn't say anything about the feel of a racket during play.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Maklike Tier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,171
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The MX80 doesn't have a head heavy feel and only has a BP of 295-300, and the Forzas I just couldn't get to like. The 96 hole string pattern was ludicrous and they were both too stiff for me - not to mention that again, they didn't have the head heavy feel where the weight in the head was obviously located at 12 o'clock. Li-Ning N90II might be an option.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I totally agree wif visor, initially the VT-ZF 4U is hard to get along with due to it's head heavyness.
    Swings and timing goes way off but after a month, im LOVING it !!!
    Now i cant go back using 3U racket with head is lighter than ZF, namely MX60 which im stil trying since last nite game
    Is a pretty good racket but somehow i keep going back to my VT-ZF
    Will keep the MX60 as secondary when my arm is in fatigue hahaha
    Seriously, do give VT-ZF 4U a try ... who knows u might find wat ur looking for
    Last edited by soulsync; 04-19-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a good APACS badminton racket with these specs?
    By johnnxiv in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 05-20-2011, 12:21 AM
  2. Looking for a apacs racket with the following specs.
    By Sgbad in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  3. Racket specs
    By RimHitter in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 09-22-2007, 10:21 PM
  4. Racket Paint Specs.
    By bluejeff in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 09-25-2004, 02:26 AM
  5. What racket fits these specs?
    By mongoose in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 8
    : 02-09-2002, 01:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •