User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Yonex MP Series Vs. Winex MM Series

    Does the Winex Mighty Muscle series really have the same feel as the Yonex Muscle Power series???

  2. #2
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    no.

    i have tried both. IMHO, the only similarity between the two is the color. i don't think they even weigh the same. the MM is a 3U while most of the MP is 2U (ok, there are 3U MP100, but less common).

  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh. but i forgot to add. being different does not mean the MM isn't good. whether a racket is good is all personal preference and whether you are used to it or not.

    so if you think the MM suits the way you play, then it is a good or better a racket for you than the MP.

    however, if what you think is that you will get something identical to the MP by buying the MM (at a lower price), then i think you will be disappointed....

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow

    its just because people say that winex is like the cheaper version of yonex wherein they try to immitate the weight and feel. I actually was comparing the MP 100 with the MM 100 becuase they are both 3U rackets.

    I'm an intermediate player looking to get a new racket but on a tight budget so I was thinking whether to get the clonex MP 100 or the winex MM 100. I honestly really like the feel of the MM 100 but I've never tried a genuine MP 100, just thought that maybe someone has already tried to compare those two models. Thanks for your insights though, it was much appreciated

  5. #5
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,918
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    frankly, i'd buy the winex instead of the fake MP100 if those are what you are choosing between. at least the winex has a real company behind it. if you buy a fake, you have no guarantee the racket won't crack on the first smash.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tried both MM100 & MP100. MP100 is head heavy w/ a longer handle while MM100 is more balanced. However I recommend MM99 which was better than MM100, having a larger sweet spot. Get a 3U version for attacking player. If u can get Mia-03(3U version), it's even better, same as MM99 but with more control.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tried both MM100 & MP100. MP100 is head heavy w/ a longer handle while MM100 is more balanced. However I recommend MM99 which was better than MM100, having a larger sweet spot. Get a 3U version for attacking player. If u can get Mia-03(3U version), it's even better, same as MM99 but with more control.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks for the input, would appreciate more from anyone still

    but based on the discussion it seems that the MM99 is the best choice. Although I've tried the MM100 and loved the feel, the balance is great. I guess I really dont have a final decision yet, I'm using a Wilson Classic 250 but I find it too light as my smash isnt as strong as it should be I guess but its great for net play.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by qnz_78
    thanks for the input, would appreciate more from anyone still

    but based on the discussion it seems that the MM99 is the best choice. Although I've tried the MM100 and loved the feel, the balance is great. I guess I really dont have a final decision yet, I'm using a Wilson Classic 250 but I find it too light as my smash isnt as strong as it should be I guess but its great for net play.

    I suggest you get a 1U and have metals attached to its head for your smash to be almost as strong as mine! Or try using the HAMMER series of wilson, its a tennis racket!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by qnz_78
    thanks for the input, would appreciate more from anyone still

    but based on the discussion it seems that the MM99 is the best choice. Although I've tried the MM100 and loved the feel, the balance is great. I guess I really dont have a final decision yet, I'm using a Wilson Classic 250 but I find it too light as my smash isnt as strong as it should be I guess but its great for net play.
    If you tried the MM100 and love the feel of the racquet, I would say, go for it instead of depending on feedback from others who might or might not give you the right choice as racquets are based on individual's play style and level.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good point. but I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity if the feel of the MM is the same as the MP. But now there's a new racket in the equation which is the Mia-3U.

    I've noticed your nick is Winex West Can. Are you from Winex or are you a player sponsored by Winex? I saw in another string that Mia Audina is playing for Yonex already.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by qnz_78
    good point. but I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity if the feel of the MM is the same as the MP. But now there's a new racket in the equation which is the Mia-3U.

    I've noticed your nick is Winex West Can. Are you from Winex or are you a player sponsored by Winex? I saw in another string that Mia Audina is playing for Yonex already.
    I am the authorized distributor for Winex in Western Canada. The MM series and probably any of the Winex models (yonex clones) do try to emulate the Yonex models but are not quite the same. For example, some of the models will be stiffer or more flexible than Yonex's equivalent or it may be a longer version. The idea here is to offer alternatives to Yonex's pricier models. For example, the MM100 is not as stiff as the MP100, the MM200 is head heavy compared to the MP100/MM100, etc.

    As for Mia playing for Yonex, that is still yet to be confirmed. Yes, she was seen using a Yonex MP-88 at the WC but she is supposely under contract to Winex until 2004 and I believe Winex is waiting for an explaination from the Dutch Winex representative. The Audina's Ti-03 is a Swing Power with customized graphics done by Mia.

    Hoped this helps.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow now that's some credible advice. I'm thinking of getting a new racket and since Yonex is definitely out of my budget range I'm thinking of the MM100 or the Mia-3U. Thanks for the advice. As for me and my cousins who play badminton thrice a week we strongly support the Winex brand here in the Philippines

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by qnz_78
    wow now that's some credible advice. I'm thinking of getting a new racket and since Yonex is definitely out of my budget range I'm thinking of the MM100 or the Mia-3U. Thanks for the advice. As for me and my cousins who play badminton thrice a week we strongly support the Winex brand here in the Philippines
    Good to hear. One reason why I got into Winex & SOTX was because of they offer good quality products at reasonable prices (also no worries about CN/JP/SP/etc)

    I have used (am still using) Winex since 2000 without any problems (no breakages dued to clashes or defects).

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Winex West Can
    I am the authorized distributor for Winex in Western Canada. The MM series and probably any of the Winex models (yonex clones) do try to emulate the Yonex models but are not quite the same. For example, some of the models will be stiffer or more flexible than Yonex's equivalent or it may be a longer version. The idea here is to offer alternatives to Yonex's pricier models. For example, the MM100 is not as stiff as the MP100, the MM200 is head heavy compared to the MP100/MM100, etc.

    As for Mia playing for Yonex, that is still yet to be confirmed. Yes, she was seen using a Yonex MP-88 at the WC but she is supposely under contract to Winex until 2004 and I believe Winex is waiting for an explaination from the Dutch Winex representative. The Audina's Ti-03 is a Swing Power with customized graphics done by Mia.

    Hoped this helps.
    .. great. I interest in Winex too. But don't know, How about different in characteristic of them.I am looking in MM99, MM100 and Mia Audina's Ti-03 (and Ti-01) Can help me in my confusing ??
    Oh.. In Winex web(tw), I can see MM99 and MP99Ti ... that it's same?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by talktojeng
    .. great. I interest in Winex too. But don't know, How about different in characteristic of them.I am looking in MM99, MM100 and Mia Audina's Ti-03 (and Ti-01) Can help me in my confusing ??
    Oh.. In Winex web(tw), I can see MM99 and MP99Ti ... that it's same?
    I have not played with the MM99 so can't comment on it that much. As for the MM100, it is not as stiff as Yonex MP100. The Audina's Ti-01 and Ti-03 are basically Ti Swing Power (two versions - SS and SA) - difference between the two are graphics and difference between them and the Ti Swing Power is Mia's authograph on the cone.

    As for the MM99/88/77 and MM99/88/77Ti, the original MM99/88/77 do not have Ti-mesh on the frame but rather some ultra H.M. graphite/titanium mix (don't ask me what exactly). The new MM/Ti series have Ti-mesh on the 3/9 o'clock positions.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Quezon City, Philippines
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I recently bought the MM-88Ti, for cosmetic reasons(!)

    actually, my girlfriend told me to buy it because it looks good.

    currently using a prince triple threat warrior and an RSL Millenium attack 3220.

    Will let you guys know how the MM-88 feels after my game later, but my first impressions of the racket is pretty good. It feels sturdy, the grip feels great and it doesn't feel cheap at all. No sir, not at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. yonex series vs ashaway series (strings)
    By malaysianfreak in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 15
    : 10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
  2. New Winex Models - Zipper Series
    By Winex West Can in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 09-07-2010, 05:20 AM
  3. WTB: WTB Victor superwaves series or Artery Tec Series
    By mamapoko in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 09-06-2010, 06:40 AM
  4. WTB : APACS Tantrum n Lethal series, SOTX Woven n D series (SG)
    By bemyself in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 4
    : 07-12-2009, 03:31 PM
  5. WTB Winex Mighty Muscle (MM) Series - Singapore
    By Sealman in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •