Yonex MP Series Vs. Winex MM Series

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by qnz_78, Aug 10, 2003.

1. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

Does the Winex Mighty Muscle series really have the same feel as the Yonex Muscle Power series???

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no.

i have tried both. IMHO, the only similarity between the two is the color. i don't think they even weigh the same. the MM is a 3U while most of the MP is 2U (ok, there are 3U MP100, but less common).

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh. but i forgot to add. being different does not mean the MM isn't good. whether a racket is good is all personal preference and whether you are used to it or not.

so if you think the MM suits the way you play, then it is a good or better a racket for you than the MP.

however, if what you think is that you will get something identical to the MP by buying the MM (at a lower price), then i think you will be disappointed....

4. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

its just because people say that winex is like the cheaper version of yonex wherein they try to immitate the weight and feel. I actually was comparing the MP 100 with the MM 100 becuase they are both 3U rackets.

I'm an intermediate player looking to get a new racket but on a tight budget so I was thinking whether to get the clonex MP 100 or the winex MM 100. I honestly really like the feel of the MM 100 but I've never tried a genuine MP 100, just thought that maybe someone has already tried to compare those two models. Thanks for your insights though, it was much appreciated

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    frankly, i'd buy the winex instead of the fake MP100 if those are what you are choosing between. at least the winex has a real company behind it. if you buy a fake, you have no guarantee the racket won't crack on the first smash.

6. gyj2001

gyj2001 Regular Member

tried both MM100 & MP100. MP100 is head heavy w/ a longer handle while MM100 is more balanced. However I recommend MM99 which was better than MM100, having a larger sweet spot. Get a 3U version for attacking player. If u can get Mia-03(3U version), it's even better, same as MM99 but with more control.

7. gyj2001

gyj2001 Regular Member

tried both MM100 & MP100. MP100 is head heavy w/ a longer handle while MM100 is more balanced. However I recommend MM99 which was better than MM100, having a larger sweet spot. Get a 3U version for attacking player. If u can get Mia-03(3U version), it's even better, same as MM99 but with more control.

8. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

thanks for the input, would appreciate more from anyone still

but based on the discussion it seems that the MM99 is the best choice. Although I've tried the MM100 and loved the feel, the balance is great. I guess I really dont have a final decision yet, I'm using a Wilson Classic 250 but I find it too light as my smash isnt as strong as it should be I guess but its great for net play.

9. Johann

Johann New Member

Export / Import

I suggest you get a 1U and have metals attached to its head for your smash to be almost as strong as mine! Or try using the HAMMER series of wilson, its a tennis racket! :D

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    If you tried the MM100 and love the feel of the racquet, I would say, go for it instead of depending on feedback from others who might or might not give you the right choice as racquets are based on individual's play style and level.

11. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

good point. but I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity if the feel of the MM is the same as the MP. But now there's a new racket in the equation which is the Mia-3U.

I've noticed your nick is Winex West Can. Are you from Winex or are you a player sponsored by Winex? I saw in another string that Mia Audina is playing for Yonex already.

12. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    I am the authorized distributor for Winex in Western Canada. The MM series and probably any of the Winex models (yonex clones) do try to emulate the Yonex models but are not quite the same. For example, some of the models will be stiffer or more flexible than Yonex's equivalent or it may be a longer version. The idea here is to offer alternatives to Yonex's pricier models. For example, the MM100 is not as stiff as the MP100, the MM200 is head heavy compared to the MP100/MM100, etc.

As for Mia playing for Yonex, that is still yet to be confirmed. Yes, she was seen using a Yonex MP-88 at the WC but she is supposely under contract to Winex until 2004 and I believe Winex is waiting for an explaination from the Dutch Winex representative. The Audina's Ti-03 is a Swing Power with customized graphics done by Mia.

Hoped this helps.

13. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

wow now that's some credible advice. I'm thinking of getting a new racket and since Yonex is definitely out of my budget range I'm thinking of the MM100 or the Mia-3U. Thanks for the advice. As for me and my cousins who play badminton thrice a week we strongly support the Winex brand here in the Philippines

14. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Good to hear. One reason why I got into Winex & SOTX was because of they offer good quality products at reasonable prices (also no worries about CN/JP/SP/etc) :D

I have used (am still using) Winex since 2000 without any problems (no breakages dued to clashes or defects).

15. talktojeng

talktojeng Regular Member

Designer
    .. great. I interest in Winex too. But don't know, How about different in characteristic of them.I am looking in MM99, MM100 and Mia Audina's Ti-03 (and Ti-01) Can help me in my confusing ??
    Oh.. In Winex web(tw), I can see MM99 and MP99Ti ... that it's same?

16. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    I have not played with the MM99 so can't comment on it that much. As for the MM100, it is not as stiff as Yonex MP100. The Audina's Ti-01 and Ti-03 are basically Ti Swing Power (two versions - SS and SA) - difference between the two are graphics and difference between them and the Ti Swing Power is Mia's authograph on the cone.

As for the MM99/88/77 and MM99/88/77Ti, the original MM99/88/77 do not have Ti-mesh on the frame but rather some ultra H.M. graphite/titanium mix (don't ask me what exactly). The new MM/Ti series have Ti-mesh on the 3/9 o'clock positions.

17. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    I recently bought the MM-88Ti, for cosmetic reasons(!)

actually, my girlfriend told me to buy it because it looks good.

currently using a prince triple threat warrior and an RSL Millenium attack 3220.

Will let you guys know how the MM-88 feels after my game later, but my first impressions of the racket is pretty good. It feels sturdy, the grip feels great and it doesn't feel cheap at all. No sir, not at all. :D

18. qnz_78

qnz_78 Regular Member

Winex already came out with a new series the Mighty Power, but I would assume its quite the same as the mighty muscle. Atleast now they have the same initials as the Yonex MP series, the Winex MP series hehe.

Was yours the Mighty Muscle or the newer Mighty Power? Let us know how it feels.

I use a clonex MP200. Its a great racket, I used to own a Wilson Classic 250 but my new racket delivers so much power even though its just an immitation.

Cheers

19. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    I got the new Ti series. It has exposed Titanium Mesh thingies on the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. It feels rather soft for my attacking game, but feels wonderful for defense. I guess it tries to imitate the MP-88 as a doubles specialty racquet, but that's my opinion.

I found the racquet to be longer than my others and initially it wrecked havoc on my swing timing.

hope this helps! :D