User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Xuerui, despite from Chongqing doesnt look like a Han Chinese at all. Her looks are different as well. Could be a Manchu too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many variances in looks in all countries. I would be surprised if the % split of ethnic groups was much different from the overall split. Unless we know it is kust speculation. Hopefully someone can give us some facts...anyone?

Just because someone is an indonesian chinese doesnt mean they are INA ethnic..they could have just lived there and come back, so they are still 100% the same as before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default don't be too sure about your ability to tell whether one is Han or non han Chinese

except Hui muslim whose ancester came from middleeast. There are also some Hui muslim are in fact Han Chinese. They just have different religious belief.

My friend whoes ancester is a famous Qin emperor but I did not know he's manchurian till another friend told me about this many years later.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    IMHO. Because of the Japanese invasion and Civil war, many Chineses were migrating from time to time. It is very difficult to tell which races they are just simply based on their last names or where they were born especially these younger generations.
    everytime china change emperor,migrate happen

Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Li Xuerui, despite from Chongqing doesnt look like a Han Chinese at all. Her looks are different as well. Could be a Manchu too
    well,i dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    except Hui muslim whose ancester came from middleeast. There are also some Hui muslim are in fact Han Chinese. They just have different religious belief.

My friend whoes ancester is a famous Qin emperor but I did not know he's manchurian till another friend told me about this many years later.
    u mean 秦 or 清?
    the latter of course is manchurian
    if the former,this is surprising!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 120809

His father was wearing a Malay/Indon batik during an interview with Fu Haifeng...how often do you come across a Mainland chinese dude wearing a traditional custom from another country. I felt strange at first about Fu Haifeng's heritage because he does look very different in sense that he didnt strike me as someone who was born and raised in China.
    Thanks for the photos, i agree with you, it looks very unusual for China Mainland people to wear traditional outfit from another country especially during interview with the press. Just wondering whether his mother also Indonesian Chinese... haha..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Thanks for the photos, i agree with you, it looks very unusual for China Mainland people to wear traditional outfit from another country especially during interview with the press. Just wondering whether his mother also Indonesian Chinese... haha..
    I was the first one reported when Chinese coach told me and I did ask FHF as well..His father is from Surabaya and he can understand a little Indonesian....same thing when I broke the news that he had the baby....many of us were shocked and thought I reported the hoax news...his father is pure chinese just like Simon Santoso, Alvent or Hendra Setiawan or Susi...most of chinese Indonesian descents are from Fu Jian, San Thou, etc

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post

I was the first one reported when Chinese coach told me and I did ask FHF as well..His father is from Surabaya and he can understand a little Indonesian....same thing when I broke the news that he had the baby....many of us were shocked and thought I reported the hoax news...his father is pure chinese just like Simon Santoso, Alvent or Hendra Setiawan or Susi...most of chinese Indonesian descents are from Fu Jian, San Thou, etc
    \

Thanks for the information, Hauge...I am just curious is his mother also from Indonesia?
    I am just wondering Has FHF ever visited their Surabaya relative.. haha..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    \

Thanks for the information, Hauge...I am just curious is his mother also from Indonesia?
    I am just wondering Has FHF ever visited their Surabaya relative.. haha..
    His mother is from china...hisfather left Indonesia and married there.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    His mother is from china...hisfather left Indonesia and married there.....
    Oh.. Okay... that means his father left Indonesia around the 1960s, since at that time a lot of Indonesia Chinese back to China..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, FHF's father left Surabaya in the 60's? Was he born here or just raised here? Any info?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is definitely a Han Chinese from south China similarly to Fu Haifeng but the latter does look very weird in the way he has that South East Asian resemblance maybe because his father was Indonesia Chinese so the looks are messed up genetically alittle but hey that's where he got his good looks from
    Are you saying because his father is chinese but lived in/grew up/was born in Indonesia, that he picked up Indonesian genetic material from the environment?

Interesting concept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Are you saying because his father is chinese but lived in/grew up/was born in Indonesia, that he picked up Indonesian genetic material from the environment?

Interesting concept.
    I think I am going to have to agree with you here, if an English guy was born in Africa and then moved back to England 10 years later with his family does that make him black? because you know his genetic material must of been absorbed from the air around him of course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, interesting concept....maybe if I wanna look like the Arabs, I should migrate to
    Middle East and then to South American, if I want to look like Jennifer Lopez....the food,
    weather, culture may just rub on me and I get 'transformed'.....he..he

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    Yes, interesting concept....maybe if I wanna look like the Arabs, I should migrate to
    Middle East and then to South American, if I want to look like Jennifer Lopez....the food,
    weather, culture may just rub on me and I get 'transformed'.....he..he
    You should get married with the local people and see whose genetics is more dominant to influence their children looks , hair, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if people are of ethnic minority, they would state it. otherwise its just speculation. li ning is of zhuang ethnicity and lang ping of manchu ancestry. not like those who are ashamed of their ancestry cough cough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense....the discussion in this thread simply cracks me up.

It certainly very complex in nature

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile The discussion in this thread simply cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    No offense....the discussion in this thread simply cracks me up.
    Me too.

I follow players (at tournaments) because I love their Badminton skills/abilities.

To know their players' ethnicity could be interesting, but I don't see that it has anything to do with Badminton.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast