User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 53
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Li Xuerui, despite from Chongqing doesnt look like a Han Chinese at all. Her looks are different as well. Could be a Manchu too

  2. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are many variances in looks in all countries. I would be surprised if the % split of ethnic groups was much different from the overall split. Unless we know it is kust speculation. Hopefully someone can give us some facts...anyone?

    Just because someone is an indonesian chinese doesnt mean they are INA ethnic..they could have just lived there and come back, so they are still 100% the same as before...

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default don't be too sure about your ability to tell whether one is Han or non han Chinese

    except Hui muslim whose ancester came from middleeast. There are also some Hui muslim are in fact Han Chinese. They just have different religious belief.

    My friend whoes ancester is a famous Qin emperor but I did not know he's manchurian till another friend told me about this many years later.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    IMHO. Because of the Japanese invasion and Civil war, many Chineses were migrating from time to time. It is very difficult to tell which races they are just simply based on their last names or where they were born especially these younger generations.
    everytime china change emperor,migrate happen

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Li Xuerui, despite from Chongqing doesnt look like a Han Chinese at all. Her looks are different as well. Could be a Manchu too
    well,i dont think so

    Quote Originally Posted by laonong View Post
    except Hui muslim whose ancester came from middleeast. There are also some Hui muslim are in fact Han Chinese. They just have different religious belief.

    My friend whoes ancester is a famous Qin emperor but I did not know he's manchurian till another friend told me about this many years later.
    u mean 秦 or 清?
    the latter of course is manchurian
    if the former,this is surprising!

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Attachment 120809

    His father was wearing a Malay/Indon batik during an interview with Fu Haifeng...how often do you come across a Mainland chinese dude wearing a traditional custom from another country. I felt strange at first about Fu Haifeng's heritage because he does look very different in sense that he didnt strike me as someone who was born and raised in China.
    Thanks for the photos, i agree with you, it looks very unusual for China Mainland people to wear traditional outfit from another country especially during interview with the press. Just wondering whether his mother also Indonesian Chinese... haha..

  6. #23
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Thanks for the photos, i agree with you, it looks very unusual for China Mainland people to wear traditional outfit from another country especially during interview with the press. Just wondering whether his mother also Indonesian Chinese... haha..
    I was the first one reported when Chinese coach told me and I did ask FHF as well..His father is from Surabaya and he can understand a little Indonesian....same thing when I broke the news that he had the baby....many of us were shocked and thought I reported the hoax news...his father is pure chinese just like Simon Santoso, Alvent or Hendra Setiawan or Susi...most of chinese Indonesian descents are from Fu Jian, San Thou, etc

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post

    I was the first one reported when Chinese coach told me and I did ask FHF as well..His father is from Surabaya and he can understand a little Indonesian....same thing when I broke the news that he had the baby....many of us were shocked and thought I reported the hoax news...his father is pure chinese just like Simon Santoso, Alvent or Hendra Setiawan or Susi...most of chinese Indonesian descents are from Fu Jian, San Thou, etc
    \

    Thanks for the information, Hauge...I am just curious is his mother also from Indonesia?
    I am just wondering Has FHF ever visited their Surabaya relative.. haha..

  8. #25
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    \

    Thanks for the information, Hauge...I am just curious is his mother also from Indonesia?
    I am just wondering Has FHF ever visited their Surabaya relative.. haha..
    His mother is from china...hisfather left Indonesia and married there.....

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    His mother is from china...hisfather left Indonesia and married there.....
    Oh.. Okay... that means his father left Indonesia around the 1960s, since at that time a lot of Indonesia Chinese back to China..

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    surabaya, indonesia
    Posts
    509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, FHF's father left Surabaya in the 60's? Was he born here or just raised here? Any info?

  11. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,693
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miqilin7 View Post
    Lin Dan is definitely a Han Chinese from south China similarly to Fu Haifeng but the latter does look very weird in the way he has that South East Asian resemblance maybe because his father was Indonesia Chinese so the looks are messed up genetically alittle but hey that's where he got his good looks from
    Are you saying because his father is chinese but lived in/grew up/was born in Indonesia, that he picked up Indonesian genetic material from the environment?

    Interesting concept.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Are you saying because his father is chinese but lived in/grew up/was born in Indonesia, that he picked up Indonesian genetic material from the environment?

    Interesting concept.
    I think I am going to have to agree with you here, if an English guy was born in Africa and then moved back to England 10 years later with his family does that make him black? because you know his genetic material must of been absorbed from the air around him of course!

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, interesting concept....maybe if I wanna look like the Arabs, I should migrate to
    Middle East and then to South American, if I want to look like Jennifer Lopez....the food,
    weather, culture may just rub on me and I get 'transformed'.....he..he

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    Yes, interesting concept....maybe if I wanna look like the Arabs, I should migrate to
    Middle East and then to South American, if I want to look like Jennifer Lopez....the food,
    weather, culture may just rub on me and I get 'transformed'.....he..he
    You should get married with the local people and see whose genetics is more dominant to influence their children looks , hair, etc..

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if people are of ethnic minority, they would state it. otherwise its just speculation. li ning is of zhuang ethnicity and lang ping of manchu ancestry. not like those who are ashamed of their ancestry cough cough.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No offense....the discussion in this thread simply cracks me up.

    It certainly very complex in nature

  17. #34
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,771
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile The discussion in this thread simply cracks me up

    Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    No offense....the discussion in this thread simply cracks me up.
    .
    Me too.

    I follow players (at tournaments) because I love their Badminton skills/abilities.

    To know their players' ethnicity could be interesting, but I don't see that it has anything to do with Badminton.
    .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese men outperfrom Chinese women now
    By 2cents in forum Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011
    Replies: 28
    : 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  2. Chinese badminton team celebrate Chinese new Year
    By ThePlayer in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 37
    : 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
  3. ABC, BBC, CBC, IBC, MBC..You are not chinese!!
    By Cheung in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 176
    : 09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
  4. chinese
    By chenwei in forum General Forum
    Replies: 4
    : 05-14-2003, 09:45 AM
  5. you know you are chinese if......
    By badrad in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 24
    : 04-02-2003, 07:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •