PRO'S PRO Electronic TX-700

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by hokaro, Apr 18, 2012.

1. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    Hello again

Last week I bought Pro's Pro Shuttle Express, but I don't like it. It does seem very cheap, low quality and bad tensioning system which doesn't work for me. I was looking at this Pro's Pro TX-700... anyone knows anything about this? how good is it?

Please give me your advice, before I make another bad buy :(

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

TX700 has the same turntable, clamps and mounting system as all the other Pro's Pro machines, and it's excellent. The rotary tensioner... not sure about that one, but at least it's constant pull.

3. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    it's not constant pull, I called them and asked about it, not constant pull

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Ah... that bascially puts it level with a crank, in which case I would look for the equivalent crank version, which will be a LOT cheaper. Try the Pro's Pro Pilot - I used to have one, it was excellent value for money when I bought it - or XP Plus if you want a stand. The crank will need calibration from time to time, but it's a small price to pay given the savings over the electronic version.

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Did you even read the other thread on how to set it up/ adjust and followed the steps? I think you must be the first around here to call it cheap and low quality :D (and you don't even know how to string yet) ... Maybe you should go for a dropweight instead ...

#5 demolidor, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    I have figured out now how to string with it, but I managed to break my first racket in the middle! the racket was new :crying:

7. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Without seeing how you string, this is just my humble opinion. You should stick with what you have for now.

- Become familiar with the quirks of this unit and how to work-around them.
    - If you are relatively new to stringing, focus on careful mounting, use of the flying clamps and tie-offs.
    - Practice a consistent pull on the crank in terms of speed and tempo (time between each pull). It is with this that you can narrow the gap with constant pull/drop units.

I have one. The machine is on the lower cost scale with "ok" quality and I wouldn't mind a fancier machine but it is more than enough for weekly stringing. Improvements to my string jobs will still come from honing technique.

8. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    i also have a pro's pro tx 700 .....its a good unit.....the fixed clamps are ok....i use them to start off the mains and crosses but then i use yonex fly clamps because its easier and quicker and i have strung up to 30lbs with no slip from them. The unit is heavy.....and it is a constant pull....i have checked this by releasing a clamp once it is tightened and the unit begins to pull tension again....the accuracy of the constant pull is where i think the machine could improve because i think the tension needs to drop at least 0.5lb before it tightens it again. I have strung about 15 rackets with this machine and i have been happy with how it has performed up to now. Saying all that i am saving up for a wise 2086 to attach...i have spoken to watdon and they have confirmed that they sell an adaptor plate to fit it

9. Caarl

Caarl Regular Member

Student
    I found the same, the shuttle express is awful and wouldnt recommend anyone to buy it!

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

So the tensioner on the TX700 is NOT constant pull?

11. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    Yes it's constant pull....but it only pulls the slack when the tension drops by about 1-2lb....whereas the wise pulls the tension when it drops by 0.1lbs

12. slicedice

slicedice New Member

so how accurate can you hope to get the tension with TX700 ? Would it still be a choice buy in 2015/2016 ? Thanks

13. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    You probably either would have to clamp right a way after you tensioned or wait for the machine to drop and pull the slack and clamp right after that, I've thought about getting it but not really worth it as I believe it can be an hassle to repair or ship back overseas. I'm getting a Pros Pro challenger 1 for Christmas to upgrade from my pros pro shuttle express.

14. icepilot

icepilot Regular Member

Commercial Manager
    We have a TX700 and it IS constant pull, I find it only needs to drop tension by approx. 0.5lb-1lb for it to kick in again.
    We have had it 2 years with upgrades, Chudek side supports, Spinfire bases & clamps, and completed approximately 400 racquets, with tensions ranging from 16lbs (very old Carlton racquet) to 31lbs (PP Rev).
    Yes, a Wise upgrade is desirable, but not a must. I have no complaints.

15. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    I got my TX700 exactly a year ago (thanks icepilot for your advice back then!). Indeed the TX700 is constant pull, it pulls tension maybe every 0.5 drop for me. The accuracy? I calibrated once a year ago using an electric meter, then checked it for the first time since then 2 weeks ago. Unsurprisingly it was spot on. I think Ive done over 100 rackets over the year.

I would suggest chudek side supports are a must, make a huge difference to the end job. A wise? With this machine it isn't needed.

16. slicedice

slicedice New Member

Thanks useful.

Why ? How does it make a difference ?

TX700 is nearly as accurate without Wise ?

17. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    The original side supports for almost all pros pros machines are made out of plastic. Less stiffer than the aluminium chudeks, and also in a sense get in the way when doing crosses that are underneath the support. I find the frame comes out more in the original state when using the chudeks.

What I mean is that this mean is very accurate on the initial pull and does not really require calibrating except from the initial one. It is constant pull in a sense, but the WISE constant pull is much more active.

Ideally I would have a WISE. But my budget at the time didn't allot that, but this machine at least allowed every job I do throughout the year to be accurate.

18. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Has anyone found a way of increasing the sensitivity of the TX700 tensioner when tension drops?

I'm finding it's giving string bed readings 4-5lbs shy of where it should be. Much worse than records I have from my old 1970's Ektelon crank machine.

19. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

I'm using a Gamma machine that also uses a Rotational Gripper, it's been working very well for me and I'm super happy!

I have recently employed pulling both main strings to start and to my surprise the Rotational Gripper can pull 2 strings as long as they're flat side by side to avoid damage.