even balanced + high stiff racket for doubles

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NeverWalkAlone, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

I'm currently using volt80 for doubles. it was good. until yesterday. when my opponents were delivering fast drives during doubles game. i could barely kept up. I had to change to arc 8dx, and managed to win, barely.:p

I'm thinking of buying bs10 for spare. what do u guys think?

another question, why do the pros selsom used arc z slash/arc 10 for doubles?

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Several pros do use Arc 10 for doubles, i could only think of Alvent Yulianto uses Arc 10 now. Back then when it was being freshly introduced in the market a lot of pros player uses it, in singles & doubles. Such as Lee yong dae, Candra Wijaya, Tony Gunawan, etc..

Regarding BS10, it is a fast racket, & way faster than VT80. However if the current backup racket works well, why do you want to buy BS10 instead..

3. NeverWalkAlone

Atm, i only have one even balanced racket. i need another one in case the string breaks. i don't want to buy another arc 8dx. prefer to try another even balanced racket to play with. feels that arc 8dx lacks power, as it tends more to accuracy.

4. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Arc8dx doesn't lack power at all, the flex just don't appeal to everyone. If Arc8dx is too stiff, why not trying Arc10 instead?

5. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    yupp..... I do agree with sFrog!

6. Hellmoon

Hellmoon Regular Member

How about Gosen Ryoga Shiden? I heard it's a good racket for double...fast and powerful.

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I agree with Hellmoon! The Shiden is my go to doubles racquet! Lightning quick, stiff, and despite being even balance... I packs a wallop on clears and smashes! Shiden strung with BG66M is my favorite combination!

8. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I had an Arc 009DX which is very stiff and even balanced. It's also less expensive than the 8DX. You might want to take a look at that one. I loved it very much.

9. Cloud_CW

Cloud_CW Regular Member

If you like super stiff.
    Go for MX80
    If you like your VT80 that stiff level
    Go for MX70
    The meteor series will never go wrong in all double department.

10. NeverWalkAlone

i've never tried gosen rackets before. Gosen Ryoga Shiden, i'll try to take a look at that.

sfrog, i like the extra stiffness because it helps me direct the shuttle wherever i want. the racket felt light to me. it's stupid, but is there such thing as a light racket? because all 3u rackets are 85g right?

cloud_cw. i wanted to try out mx80, but it's rare here. the closest to that spec is bs10.

11. Cloud_CW

Cloud_CW Regular Member

Lol.. you live in malaysia right?
    I don't think MX series not very rare among these famous shop like AJ , TimeSport , KD sport.
    If you like to play with fast and furious style this is the racket for you.
    Compare to BS10 is like give 10% of swing speed for 10% power.
    The racket weight and head heavy not much difference maybe the MX80 head will a'bit heavier than BS10.

12. Zapirian

Zapirian Regular Member

If you want to stick with Yonex I recently switched from VT80(after about 3 months of playing with it as a replacement when my MP99 broke) to NR700RP as I almost only play mens and mixed doubles. Stiffness is similar to MP99 and VT80 in my opinion, and even thought the writing on the NR700RP says "Head light balance" it feels much like the even balance of the old MP99. Arc8DX was another racquet suggested to me when I was looking for a replacement for the VT80 that I found too head heavy for doubles. I find it a much more agile racket for defense/blocks/drives.

#12 Zapirian, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    You guys must be super strong. Am an advance player and I find it very stiff after playing with it for a while. I have the prototype edition. Am playing on this monday in sunway club. Not Extreme Sunway. ;)

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes... It is quite common racket in Malaysia. Maybe there is nobody using it on your current club. If you play badminton on a sports hall where there are several courts, you could always look for MX80 to try out .. Just a chit chat with other guys on other courts, then you are ready to execute several hits with MX80 ..:D

15. NeverWalkAlone

Yea, but i'm in east malaysia. the only victor rackets available are spira, bs and sw.

Zapirian. Do u know NR700RP balance point? I don't want a head light racket. Just worried it will affect my timing when switching to head heavy rackets.

Licin. I doubt u'll let a stranger u just met plays around with ur rm500 racket. If u do, better keep a really close eye on him. :p

do u guys use even balanced rackets for both double/single?

16. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

BS10 is a pretty good racket. stiff and slightly heavy head but quick!

why dun you try the NS9900? it has more power than NR700rp but the NR is quicker at recovery especially for the pullback to ready the next shot for doubles flat exchages.

the 8dx is the impoved arc10, no point going back :p

17. Zapirian

Zapirian Regular Member

Balance point from the online store I bought it from(http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/ they test the racquets and give them their own ratings rather than just repeating manufacturers details) is listed as 299mm from handle. Doesn't say if that is dry or wet weight. But having both a MP99 and the Nanoray they feel about the same.

Weight (grams): 88 g
    Balance: 299 mm from handle - Medium
    Flex: 54 mm - Stiff

18. NeverWalkAlone

It has been a year since i posted. I have been using sw35 and volt80 playing doubles since. eventually, i bought bs10. it is working out well for me in terms of quickness. :D

19. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#19 Razack, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  20. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#20 Razack, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022