Accuracy

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Ray1500, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Ray1500

Ray1500 Regular Member

Is there any Drills to improve Accuracy to hit the Shuttlecock because I find myself losing the Rally because of my incorrect timing of swinging. Anyway to improve this?

2. phili

phili Regular Member

You need someone to feed you the shuttles. He/she should be very good at feeding so you don't have to move that much and can focus on the stroke. When everything goes well you shots will improve and you can add more movement like go back to the central position after every shot.

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Is there a pattern with your "inaccuracy"? Like always going to the left side, or right side? And mostly which shot? Also, how accurate are you expecting?

E.g. if you're consistently hitting out to the left when you're on your left side of the court (assuming you're right handed), you might not have turned your racket face enough, or you turn your body too much.

If it's a smash, you might want to reduce the power, and give more attention to control.

Also, don't try to aim for the line. And when you practice, do set up a target for your shots to hit.

4. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    Find a coach or someone to feed you. You have to consistenly pull off the shot

5. Mr.H.

Mr.H. Regular Member

Student
    It's just practice, practice,practice and practice.
    You have to hit the same shot 1000000000000 times.