Grip size - reducing handles

Discussion in 'Grip' started by david14700, Aug 12, 2003.

1. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I've seen rackets that have had the wood on the handle shaved down to make them thinner. It was done by a pro who wanted his G4 brought down to a G5. But I don't have the confidence to do that to my new rackets in case I damage them.

Has anyone got experience of this and is there a correct way to do it?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    There was an old thread, talking about some method similar as u described. I think ppl talking about using sand paper to reduce the handle's diameter, etc. However, never tried it, and don't have the confidence the result will be "balanced".

Maybe try to search for it and test ur luck? :rolleyes:

3. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i'm guessing there are no rackets sold that have a grip size that small..or at least it must be very very rare. ..or else i don't see why one wouldn't just buy a racket with that size of a grip.

about shaving it down with sandpaper or whatever, i too myself wouldn't feel confident about doing it and probably wouldnt' feel confortable doing it even if i knew a "proper" way to do it...there's always that margin of error and if one screwed up by wearing it down too much, there's no way to get it back to the original form...besides putting on extra overgrips.