User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proper Stoke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its going to be hard to implement this when playing an actual game because you have played for 4 years doing this, you may have picked up too many improper techniques, so it will be hard and take a while to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason123 View Post
    Its going to be hard to implement this when playing an actual game because you have played for 4 years doing this, you may have picked up too many improper techniques, so it will be hard and take a while to change.
    That's why we practice....
    -_-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for bringing this up. I am currently having the same problem atm. In my mind, while i'm playing, i always feel that i'm only using wrist and forearms for my shots. However, just recently, most of my friends commented that i'm using too much arm swing on my shots, making it obvious which shots i was going to make, everytime.

Anyone here has a way to make sure that each shots executed is used only by wrist power alone?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverWalkAlone View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up. I am currently having the same problem atm. In my mind, while i'm playing, i always feel that i'm only using wrist and forearms for my shots. However, just recently, most of my friends commented that i'm using too much arm swing on my shots, making it obvious which shots i was going to make, everytime.

Anyone here has a way to make sure that each shots executed is used only by wrist power alone?
    That is the wrong angle of attack. You should be able to use your arm, but most of the power should come from latter part of the swing, AND ALSO you should be able to choose the direction of the shuttle in this latter part of the swing from finger/wrist adjustment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.leung View Post
    That's why we practice....
    -_-
    You dont understand what im saying derp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys ! Here we go! I've been practicing so much lately, playing 5-6 days a week, and I feel it's coming naturally now. Things I did to practice were:
    Going outside when it was really windy and using the forehand against the wind. This was great, because if you're hitting it in the right spot, the birdie would come back to almost the same spot most times. Also I would spend about 10 minutes just singing properly.
    Another thing is I would stand at the service line on a court, with my brother on the other one (across the net) and we would just throw the birdie back and forth, making sure to take time using the proper stroke.
    The most important thing though, was just to play, not worrying about making perfect shots, or perfectly placed shots, but just making sure to make it hit near a corner every time.
    I hope anyone else struggling finds it as easy as I did to get used to swinging properly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend told me it is one of the best video to teach you the proper stroke. Although the video does not mention about pronation, their stroke in the video have pronation in it. Forearm pronation is the very key to generate power.

http://www.badmintonconnect.com/chen...n-training/ep7

Watch and download the tournament in youtube and play slow motion to observe how the player do the stroke help a lot too. All their forehand overhead has pronation in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2