Advice Please ArcSaber Z Slash/Tactic ArcStriker x smash/Yehlex YX Flashpoint

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Hazza, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Hazza

Hazza Regular Member

Ok, so Ive been using my ArcSaber 7s for over 3 or years now. They've been good (brilliant all rounder) but recently, Ive been thinking about getting something with a bit more kick in it.
    I tried an Arcsaber 10 quite recently and got on well with the feel of it. Looking at the specs, the Z-slash looks pretty similar on paper (you guys will probably say otherwise :p).
    Though I like Arcsabers and im a bit of a Yonex fanboy, my main issue with Yonex is the price you pay for the name.

So I decided to look for alternatives. The closest I came across was the Tactic ArcStriker x smash

It is a similar to the Z-slash spec wise and visually.
    Usually I'm sceptical about replica brands. I know friends in the past who have ended up with really poor quality replica/copies/fakes what ever you want to call them.
    From what Ive researched Tactic a a fairly well established brand. I gather they're an OEM, so I take it they're practically identical to the official racket apart from the branding. On amazon they're about £70 or (2 for £110 on Ebay) which is half the price of a Z-slash.

However before I throw money at it I was wondering if anyone has hands on experience?
    Are Tactic that similar to Yonex?
    Would you recommend them?

Cheers

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The tactic rackets are good quality for the price, cramp sports offer 14 day trial on all the tactic rackets so you can try the rackets and just return them for a refund (excluding postage) if you don't like them. I bought a tactic vt80 and namiblade 7700 recently and they were both very good quality, the only reason I sold them To my friend was because I bought some other rackets and couldn't afford to keep all the rackets. he says he gas never played so well and loves the vt80 very much.

4. Hazza

Hazza Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear from someone who has actually bought them. Did you ever have a chance to compare the Tactic racket to its equivalent Yonex racket?

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

No I didn't get chance to try them but my friend who bought them usually uses yonex or apacs rackets and says they are just as good. The apacs ones are usually the best value for money, especially if you buy from Malaysia and dont mind waiting a while for the postage. I have a finapi 77 version 2 (voltric 70) and finapi 88 (voltric 80 clone) for sale at the moment if you wanted either of those. Dave

6. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    I only played with tactic arc striker 10. Less stiff / head heavy than the arcsaber 10.
    But nice feeling / control and i think enough power.
    Quality is good.

Tactic is becoming more and more popular in my region.

But I´m still in love with my meteors x80 :D

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Those rackets do seem very good, my friend has been using them for top level league games for the last 2 seasons and they are still going strong.

8. Guillaumeg

Guillaumeg Regular Member

Just my 2 cents:

I've bought a namiblade 9900 from Crampsports, and it is not similar to the original.
    More flexible, even head-lighter balance and lighter overal...
    Knowing almost every racket they sell has the same unstrung weight, I doubt their is much difference between the models (the clone models)...except for the paint
    The quality is good, strung them at 12kg without any problem.
    If you want to buy one, you can make them an offer (far) below the given price, they will accept it.

I think Demolidor has a point, I presume the name TACTIC is bought and used for selling the same stuff as apacs clone rackets (the cheap ones, not their own series i.e. Tantrum etc....).

I hope someone can tell what happened