Badminton group in Jakarta

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by leejo, Apr 29, 2012.

1. leejo

leejo Regular Member

Hi, I will be station in jkt fm next month onwards and would like to find out is there casual group playing during week day evening or week end? I am just a casual player who play for health n wish to know more friend and I'm from Singapore.Rgds

2. mizuno

mizuno Regular Member

player
    Jakarta is very large area (having 5 regions, Barat-Timur-Utara-Selatan-Pusat). You should state where your location is. Usually expatriate plays at GOR Asia Afrika Senayan ( next to Hotel Mulia), Pasar Festival - Kuningan.

3. leejo

leejo Regular Member

Hi tks. I should be staying around Kapla gading area. I do hv people to drive me around if is not too far from my place.Any idea where I can join? Just need to know more friend as I will there alone for quite some time.Rgd

4. mizuno

mizuno Regular Member

player
    Hi, you will stay at Kelapa Gading, that is North Jakarta (Jakarta Utara). You can play at Olympic Hall (this sport hall belongs to Alan Budikusuma and Susi Susanti, both are our Badminton Legend). Location of Olympic Hall is behind Balai Samudra Hall (meeting/wedding reception building). Balai Samudra location opposite the MOI (Mal Of Indonesia). Here is the map :

http://maps.google.co.id/maps/place...1bf0fdad786a2,Jakarta&cid=3545977922374848969

You can visit and asking the management person if there is a group/club for joined. Alternatively, you seek the sport hall at Sunter (I think your driver will know).

Senayan and Kuningan are very far from Kelapa Gading :)

5. Notorious

Notorious Regular Member

PM Badminton Club (North Jakarta ~ Pluit Area)

Hi If you can get to Pluit area on Monday and Thursday 5-7pm we'll be here playing at Pantai Mutiara Sport Club

Cheers :)

6. leejo

leejo Regular Member

Hi Pak Mizuno, tks for yr advise. U mean i can just walk into sport hall and ask teh managment if there is a group for me to join?

Hi Notorious, glad on yr reply. is this yr regular group? Yr group play every Monday n Thursday without fail? Can i join yr group but i may be not that good as yr Indonesian player if u dont mind for me to try out.
    Normally, how does yr share the cost?

rgds

7. mizuno

mizuno Regular Member

player
    Yes Leejo, because this is the first you come to that place, unless you already have friends there.

8. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Hi Leejo

I just sent you private message. Please check.

9. stiltman

stiltman New Member

Hi Mizuno, do you know what days and time does the group at GOR (next to Mulia) play? I play at Pola Bugar on Wed and Lodan on Fri evenings. It's rather far for me so looking for a place near Senayan. Is it mostly expats? How's the standard like? I am keen to join.