Travels/Tournaments in Asia

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by nbonkowsky, Apr 29, 2012.

1. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    I said that I would post up a blog/summary of my recent trip to Asia for the 2012 Vietnam International Challenge and the 2012 Osaka International Challenge. I have been super busy since I got back home to Calgary with school finals and all but now that those are done I had time to write up some entries.

For those who are interested here are the blog entries that I wrote for my Blog. If anybody would like to know more or has any questions feel free to ask.

2012 Vietnam International Challenge:
    http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2012/04/2012-ciputra-hanoi-vietnam.html

2012 Osaka International Challenge:
    http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2012/04/2012-osaka-international-challenge.html

Thank you for reading.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

A nice read, Nick. Sounds like you had a good time on and off the court. :)

3. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

Interesting read. Good luck on future travels and tournaments.

4. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
    Thank you, it was a great time both on and off the court I cant with till future tours and to improve my badminton. Unfortunately I am no world class author though haha but hopefully the blog was passable.

5. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
    Might as well add to here for those who are interested, Havent been keeping up on my blog entries latley due to being super busy with school. But now that I am done and graduating I have some time. I was unable to finish all this years tournament blogs before 2014 hit but I should have them done soon.

For those of you interested:

2013 New Zealand Grand Prix:

http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-zealand-grand-prix.html

2013 Tahiti International Challenge:

http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2013/12/2013-tahiti-international-challenge.html

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    "....not to mention I would be missing all my final exams and a major presentation which I did present via Skype in Tahiti with the beach as my backdrop. I also did 2 finals while i was away and had to email them into the professors."

Wow! That's some degree of commitment! For both your studies and sport!
    [​IMG]

Happy New Year to you, Nick, and more power to your arm in 2014!

7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Fabulous work Mr. B.
    Your writing is very good. I could virtually feel the Tahitian sun , even all the way up here in freezing canada.

Sounds like you had a super time on tour. And that is what is should be. You are a competitive athlete who goes to tournaments to succeed. But what is the point if you don't drink in all that these places have to offer. Enjoy your blessings.

Happy New Year and Please keep posting. :)

8. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

*Dude,was there any free wifi in Osaka and in the major cities in Japan?

*What is your best rank in Alberta?Twentieth to fortieth?

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Nick, congrats on a year filled with amazing experiences. Not many would have had the opportunity to fulfill that dream. Continued success and if I were you, I'd stick to the warmer tropical climes than Calgary. :D

10. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

Kids,I want you to be aware of credit card fraud against non-profit on blogs.No offence,nbonkowsky,you

should include some warning statements on your blog because some readers here are at their teens.

11. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
    Haha it has been but now I am all done with school so no more having to take time off for tournaments which is nice. Happy New Year to you too.

12. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach

Thank you, glad that you enjoyed it, I am catching up on them am almost done 2013's so will post them up here when they are done one by one. It is always a great time, even if I don't get to see much of the country I am in it is still very fun to get out there are compete. Just to try and improve as much as I can always.

13. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
    In the lobby at the hotel in Osaka there was free Wifi but in the room you had to pay an arm and leg for it. As for through the city there were some free hot spots.

As for my best rank in Alberta, I don't get to play the provincial series much but I just played the Provincial tournament at MRU (Alberta Series) and made it to Semi Finals losing to another national level player but it wont reflect a high ranking cause of how the system works here. http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=5CED9ADA-AA46-47B3-852D-AE59659574EE&draw=5

14. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
  15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Next blog: how to get hit on, all over the world. And score big...on court... :p

16. nbonkowsky

Athlete/Coach
    3 New ones, US Open (short), Canada Open (Short), and Brazil International (good read).

Just one more blog entry to put in from last years tournament travel. Hopefully I can get that done before I move to Vancouver, else Ill just have to do it while I'm there.

2013 US Open GPG: http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2014/01/2013-us-open-grand-prix-gold.html It's a short one because it was my 4th US Open that I have played.

2013 Canada Open GP: http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2014/02/2013-canada-open-grand-prix.html Another short one because of it being the 3rd Canada Open that I have played and I have spent a lot of time in Vancouver.

2013 Brazil International Challenge: http://nicholasbonkowsky.blogspot.com/2014/02/2013-brazil-international-challenge.html Brazil, 1st time in Sao Paulo so a good read with a funny twist near the end.