User Tag List

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    lol... what do you think? you can ask chris@ccc.
    Ahh, I understand, just a term of respect (since chris didn't respond after waiting for some time).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got baddy session today from 6 to 8. I am at home now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Ahh, I understand, just a term of respect (since chris didn't respond after waiting for some time).
    All CHN players are her sisters and brothers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reply you through PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that even Aprilla's been eliminated, another one that I picked for the final, the tourney is wide open, all four semi-finalists have realistic chances, Sindhu,Xing Aiying, in that order,followed by either of the other two.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought nokh88 replied already;

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    All CHN players are her sisters and brothers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reply you through PM.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Actually, I've a reason for asking. Previously, I was idolising Wang Shixian but later when I discovered she hardly attacked nor smashed enough and her rivals started to realize that and knew how to tackle her,i became quite worried for her and seriously wanted to write to her to improve that aspect of her game but didn't know where to write to nor is my Mandarin good enough. Now that Li Xuerui has exploded like a supernova on the badminton scene almost out of the blue, I became concerned she might let success gets into her head and become smug and complacent, not that she really would. I love her winning ways,her beautiful attacking style like Wang Xin whom I adore too. It's my wish to see Li Xuerui continue improving her game, it's too early for her to rest on her laurels, though I believe all non-Chinese WS in her shoes would die contented already. How I dream of Li Xuerui becoming the female equivalent of Lin Dan !

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No live telecast, Astro better than Starhub, no livestreaming... for semis nor finals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Who will make it into the Finals?

So the Quarter-Finals session has concluded.

Who will make it into the Finals? These are my guesses;

WS:
    * Sindhu P. V. [1]
    * Xing Aiying

MS:
    * Lee Chong Wei [1]
    * Sony Dwi Kuncoro

WD:
    * Shinta Mulia Sari/Yao Lei [1]
    * Chin Eei Hui/Wong Pei Tty [2]

MD:
    * Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong [1]
    * Gan Teik Chai/Ong Soon Hock

XD:
    * Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [1]
    * Danny Bawa Chrisnanta/ Yu Yan Vanessa Neo [2]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    So the Quarter-Finals session has concluded.

Who will make it into the Finals? These are my guesses;

WS:
    * Sindhu P. V. [1]
    * Xing Aiying

MS:
    * Lee Chong Wei [1]
    * Sony Dwi Kuncoro

WD:
    * Shinta Mulia Sari/Yao Lei [1]
    * Chin Eei Hui/Wong Pei Tty [2]

MD:
    * Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong [1]
    * Gan Teik Chai/Ong Soon Hock

XD:
    * Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [1]
    * Danny Bawa Chrisnanta/ Yu Yan Vanessa Neo [2]
    I find myself agreeing with all your selection though I haven't been following the MDs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I appreciate it. Actually, I've a reason for asking. Previously, I was idolising Wang Shixian but later when I discovered she hardly attacked nor smashed enough and her rivals started to realize that and knew how to tackle her,i became quite worried for her and seriously wanted to write to her to improve that aspect of her game but didn't know where to write to nor is my Mandarin good enough. Now that Li Xuerui has exploded like a supernova on the badminton scene almost out of the blue, I became concerned she might let success gets into her head and become smug and complacent, not that she really would. I love her winning ways,her beautiful attacking style like Wang Xin whom I adore too. It's my wish to see Li Xuerui continue improving her game, it's too early for her to rest on her laurels, though I believe all non-Chinese WS in her shoes would die contented already. How I dream of Li Xuerui becoming the female equivalent of Lin Dan !
    I can pass your message to her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up All the No.1 seeds are all doing well with their good form

I find myself agreeing with all your selection though I haven't been following the MDs.
    All the No.1 seeds are doing well (with their good form). I am sure that they will continue to do well.

It's the others that I am not quite sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. At age 13 she came to Singapore, that means her formative years and training are a product of Singapore, not bad considering she had won the US Open WS title. May she continue to give us more pleasant surprises here though her opponent today is Nozomi,another player I picked to go to the final. Aiying beating Mitani is proof she can go one better, I believe.
    It seems Aiying has heard us and wanted to prove us wrong with another Japanese scalp today. So she's moved another step forward into the semis tomorrow. How determined will she be this time? Will she prove us wrong again?

Actually our top three China girls, namely Aiying, Gu Juan and Mingtian, came to SIN when they were in their early teens, Aiying being older and the first to arrive. Indeed they were professionally trained and developed in Singapore, not China, although they were talent scouted from there. So were Yao Lei and Sari (from INA).

Unlike in SIN, the parents of these girls are more supportive of them becoming professional athletes, principally because the financial burden is taken away from them and they believe their daughters' future will be better once they blossomed.

SIN actually has teens who are just as good players in their age group, but as you are aware, their parents are not as supportive and prefer paper qualifications for their kids. Mindset is begining to change with the setting up of our first Sports School about seven years ago. But it is a very slow process as about 10 boys and 10 girls are accepted each year into the school and our talent pool is limited.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up The Schedule of Matches for the Semi-Finals is now out

The Schedule of Matches for the Semi-Finals is now out;

http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...0A6&d=20120505

Pity it begins at 6:00pm (which is 8:00pm Melbourne time). It's going to be another late night for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can pass your message to her.
    That's great, so nice of you. So far, all the Chinese WS players have faltered at some time or other,particularly in team championships where they exhibited their vulnerabilities,losing to opponents they usually beat under normal circumstances. I'm referring to Wang Yihan whom I admire now more than before,and Wang Xin,her first round losses and cracking in team tournaments,doesn't bode well for such an extremely talented player,and Wang Shixian, her lack of good smash and attacking ability is a glaring weakness often exploited by her rivals. As it is,Li Xuerui doesn't seem to have any noticeable weakness ( though sometimes she make wild amateurish shots and seems to lose patience in long rallies, if I may say so but don't think I'm qualified to). Despite having attained great results , I hope to see her continuing to perfect her game and become one of the greatest ever! It is still early days in her badminton career and she has all the ingredients and makings of the truly greats. Finally,tell her badminton is her life but her life isn't only badminton.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    It seems Aiying has heard us and wanted to prove us wrong with another Japanese scalp today. So she's moved another step forward into the semis tomorrow. How determined will she be this time? Will she prove us wrong again?

Actually our top three China girls, namely Aiying, Gu Juan and Mingtian, came to SIN when they were in their early teens, Aiying being older and the first to arrive. Indeed they were professionally trained and developed in Singapore, not China, although they were talent scouted from there. So were Yao Lei and Sari (from INA).

Unlike in SIN, the parents of these girls are more supportive of them becoming professional athletes, principally because the financial burden is taken away from them and they believe their daughters' future will be better once they blossomed.

SIN actually has teens who are just as good players in their age group, but as you are aware, their parents are not as supportive and prefer paper qualifications for their kids. Mindset is begining to change with the setting up of our first Sports School about seven years ago. But it is a very slow process as about 10 boys and 10 girls are accepted each year into the school and our talent pool is limited.
    It will be great to see these players you mentioned - my favourite is Fu Mingtian - beginning to achieve enviable results as good as if not better than their table-tennis counterparts, namely Feng Tianwei,Wang Yuegu and Li Jiawei.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limb7567 View Post
    wow.. really close game.. 24-22 in third set ... so not since Nov 2009 has LCW lose a game to another Malaysian.

interestingly, in the mens double QF, all the junior players seem to falter to the senior player... only Ow yao han -chooi kah ming got through to semi by beating another junior pair lufti-indra mawan. so its all m'sian semi of KKK-TBH vs Zakry-Fairuz and GTC-OSH vs OYH-CKM ...
    sorry but lutfi/vountus is their senior.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast