Choosing new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nns91, May 1, 2012.

1. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    I am looking for a new racket. Currently, I am aiming at the Yonex Z-Force. I play single and double too. Is Z-Force a suitable racket? What is the main difference between Z-Force and Voltric 80? What is the difference between the ArcSaber and Voltric line?

2. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

arc sabers are closer to even balance while voltrics are generally head heavy to very head heavy, Z-Force particularly.

3. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    In addition, I am used to play with a 3U racket but most of websites in the US only sells the 4U version. Is there much difference between the 3U and 4U version?

4. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    So I know that a head heavy will generate a lot of power on smashes. Then, what advantage does a even balanced racket give you ?

5. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Any other suggestion ?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    racket doesn't generate power. your muscles do. if a racket is heavy and you are not able to move it fast enough, there will be no power.

head heavy rackets are slower to swing, but maintains more momentum once it gets going.

medium balance rackets are faster to swing and better for defense/drives.

7. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    Whatever Kwun said, if i may add as well you have to look for a racket that fits your skill level and your technique.

i say find a friend that has those rackets and try them out first see which one you are more comfortable with.

and for suggestion, head heavy good for single bad for double if you don't have an arm to go with it, head light even balance bad for single and good for double but lack the boom for attacks.....

8. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Thank you for very helpful advice. Unfortunately, currently, I don't live where I can try out rackets since not too many people around here play (I am going to college in America, and play in the club of my college. I used to play competitively so I just want to continue with the sports).

So for a head heavy racket like Z-Force, is there much difference between 3U and 4U? Is it a good compromise to go with the 4U of Z-Force since I would not categorize myself as having super muscle but still want a head heavy racket that is not too heavy?

9. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Thank you very much for your advice. Unfortunately, I don't have the chance to test out rackets.

Do you guys think a 4U Z-Force (instead of 3U Z-Force) would be a good compromise between a head heavy racket and a bit lighter for maneuverability (because I would not categorize my muscle as massive) ?

10. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

One of my friends did just that. Bought a 4U ZF so that even though its very head heavy the 4U weight class will allow for maneuverability. he loved it

11. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Does your friend find a lot of power is compromised?

12. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Also, my current racket is Muscle Power 30, which is a balance racket. Do you think it will be too big of a change to go to 4U Z-Force?

13. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Any other opinion?

14. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    I am now hesitating between Z-Force 4U and Voltric 80. Any input in terms of main difference and trade offs?

15. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Summary from the post

1. Z-Force is the latest series!
    2. Could you handle the extra stiff shaft of the Z force?
    3. Lighter racket, you will have more control while heavier .. more power but depends on your Strengh too :rolleyes:
    4. Fast play is mostly in doubles (need more control)

It is very subjective nns91, from the summary, only you should know what is the best racket for yourself. Fast play & Power >>> Zforce 4u

16. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, Thanks a lot. I understand it is very subjective. Only if I had chance to test out those two rackets, I would totally do it. However, I am now studying in the States, where not too many people play so it's kinda hard to do so. I am just using you guys' comments to help me know better about these 2 rackets.

How about Voltric 80? Can you comment something about it too, especially when compared to Z-Force 4U(Another thing, they only sell the 4U version in the States for Z-Force)? In what aspects does Voltric 80 outplays Z-Force? Z-Force is 9 point head heavy while Voltric 80 is 8 point head heavy, how much of a difference is this?

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

18. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks !!!! I have already read the review on badminton-coach.co.uk. It was quite helpful. However, he did not give a review on the 4U version of Z-Force so the review was missing some helpful info for me. DO you have links of big threads on vt80 and vtzf? If you do, it would be great if you can paste the link here. I would really appreciate it.

19. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    its called search buddy... lets not be to lazy now... :D

20. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Oh I know. I have searched through but have not found a good one yet so I just asked for some recommendation.