Li-Ning ABJF054-1 / ABJF056-1

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Accordaz, May 2, 2012.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Hi guys

I'm going to buy THE Li-Ning badminton bag of the chinese Nationalteam.
    Who is already using one?

Please share your minds to this bag.

I'm still not sure which one I should take. 6 or 9 rackets version?
    Referring to the size specifications both versions seem to be smaller than Yonex bags.

73 x 23 x 30 cm
    VS.
    73 x 29 x 30 cm

Does someone here own a 6 rackets version of this bag? I'd like to know if it's large enough:rolleyes:

2. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    I had the ABJF056, the 9 racquet version.

Superb bag - great, thougthful design with lots of useful pockets and pouches. Really top build quality too - nothing much compares to it right now.

The only thing I didn't like was the length of the opening of racquet compartment. A touch short, which made removal of racquets a bit fiddly.

Also, the racquet compartment is too narrow for 9 racquets. I would say 7 is more comfortable.

You may want to check this out, but I think only the 9 racquet version features the full metallic thermal lining.

3. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Note also the bag is smaller than other Li-Ning 9-in-1 bags and the outer cover is much stiffer. This will mean overall capacity is significantly reduced compared to similar models, e.g. ABJE054 etc.

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Well, I hope the opening won't scratch the paint my lovely rackets off.
    Did you ever compared it to the 6-rackets version (in real)?
    Do you also have some 6 rackets bags to compare? If yes, is the big size still comfortable to wear it as a rucksack?

Full metallic thermal lining. What...? :D

5. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    I've seen the 6 version, but not really looked at it in great detail. So I can't comments.

The big size is comfortable to wear - it's not as big as most other "bigs" out there.

The racquet section is full thermal. But I'm not sure the 6 version is - better check that out...

6. e1981

e1981 Regular Member

e1981.com
    [h=2]ABJF056: 73*29*30cm[/h]

7. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

it cost S$140++ .... available for order already. I guess i will hold on till the 9 pcs bag comes out...

8. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    For the ABJF056? That's too much. I got mine for S$95. There are still some floating around the shops at around S$100.

There is also a third model to consider - the ABJF062. It a special version designed for 6 racquets, but it's actually larger than the ABJF056. It can hold 8-9 racquets easily.

I come with a China flag stiched onto the shoe compartment and sports higher grade straps wit red buckles instead of black.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for some reason Li-Ning decides that their bag should be petite.

most other brand's bag have a very generous opening to place the rackets into the bag, my Li-Ning bag the opening is a bit narrow and i can only put the racket in if i insert the handle into the bag first, and then the racket head. the compartment size is also smaller. i am able to fit at least 12-15 racket2 into one compartment of my Yonex bag while i can at most fit around 7-8 into my Li-Ning one.

however, the compact size does mean that it is much easier to carry and the average player don't need to bring 20 rackets to the gym anyway. and the 3 compartment allow separation of clothing, shuttles and other items while keeping it very portable, esp if you are to be travelling in tight spaces like in the subways/MTR/MRT of the world.

i was carrying my overly large Yonex 7829 while juggling the crowd in the Shanghai Metro last month and it was quite a challenge. now i wish i have had my Li-Ning ABJE030 instead.

10. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    out of curiosity, how exactly do you fit them in ?
    -are all the racquet heads on the same side?
    -do the grips go over the other ones?

I guess a picture would do the trick :p

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I have my Li-Ning bag now. I've bought the 9 racket-version, since I've read that Li-Ning bags are smaller than bags from other manufacturers like Yonex and Victor.
    I can confirm that. I also confirm that the opening is too narrow. It's like kwun said: you have to put the handle in before you're able to put the whole racket into the bag.
    That's not too satisfying due the fact that the 9 racket bag costs somewhat about 100$.

Another point is: the shoe bag inside is made with a sticky material. I don't know how to describe it. It's for sure not silikon. But it's not easy to "slide" your shoes in. You really have to put or push (!) your shoes in. Due the fact that the shoe bag is right under the racket handles, you sometimes have to rearrange them before the shoes fit in the bag.
    The positive effect of this material is, that the material is more easily to clean if it's getting dirty - but hey, badminton court isn't that dirty, so this positive effect is almost not really worth to mention :p

It's my first bag. A very shiny, but cool looking bag. But these two negative points doesn't make it 100% recommendable.
    Especially because you have to care about your rackets (its head) when you put your rackets.

To summarize:
    ABJF056-1, 9-racket version

+ cool shiny look :)
    + small / more portable but still enough space to throw your things into it
    + comfortable to wear as a rucksack
    + solid material (in and outside)
    + most part of the racket is easy to clean (with water or whatever)
    + small bag inside for "wet things" like douche and so on - not for used apparels (!)
    + one part is completely made of a sort of thermal lining (silver), pratical for cold or hot drinks
    + you know that your (?) idols were wearting this model:eek:

+/- Probably 9 rackets would not fit that easily
    +/- the whole right part of the bag is totally made of thermal lining, it's rather a material waste because most people would put 1 - 3 bottles in bag, and not an amount of bottles to fill the whole racket bag :rolleyes:

- small opening for the racket part - you may have to worry about the paint when putting your rackets roughly in :(
    - shoe bag material is a little bit too sticky, it needs more effort to put in than you like to
    - your girlfriend may not like this very special look :p
    - On one part of the bag (outside): visible stitch mistakes - not a big issue but, hey, i've paid 100$ for this bag, what about quality management, Li-Ning? :confused:

Make sure you've seen it in real before you purchase this bag. Maybe I'm too narrow-minded, but the first two mentioned negative points are not to underestimate.

I hope this review helps. I'm sorry if the english is not that perfect. Feel free to correct my mistakes, because I care ;)

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have been using my Li-Ning bag for a couple of weeks already.

the negatives actually don't bother me. it is more of a habit than anything else. i have been putting in my racket the "new way" and it works every time.

the shoe compartment is slightly smaller but i put my shoes in one by one anyway so it is actually fine.

so far, i have been likely my new bag. this is the one i got:

621080_-_ABJE030_-_Top1__16531_zoom.jpg

http://badminton-nation.com/9-racquet-badminton-bag-abje030/

14. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

kwun, is the abje030 bigger or smaller compared to the Victor BR309? (I think you used to have one of those, right?)

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't own a BR309 so i cannot make a comparison. do you find it easy to insert the racket into the bag?

16. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Yeah I can, so I guess that answers the question :p but I like how LN's bag has the shoe pocket in the back instead of on the bottom like the Yonex and Victor of recent years. Want to get a abje030 but hard to justify the cost of a second bag compared to other types of equipment. Sounds like capacity wise you can still fit a decent amount of rackets and stuff; externally is the size comparable to a YY 6 racket bag since you say it's smaller than your 7829?

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student

kwun, how do you rotate your racket around ? the amount of rackets you have is WOW....

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. it is like a larger than normal 6 racket bag with 3 compartment. which means it is the best of both worlds if you:

- don't want to carry your whole wardrobe with you
    - still want to have 3 large compartments.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am addicted to this sport. sigh. what can i say...

my wife no longer say anything.

20. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    How did manage to do that? :p