Is this a good deal / good idea (replace Voltric 7 with Wilson Wave BLX)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by basingcraig, May 3, 2012.

1. basingcraig

basingcraig Regular Member

im currently using a yonex voltric 7 and i like it but dont find im getting the power im used to,

i spoke to a shop i have used before and he suggested a Wilson Wave BLX, they are willing to do this racket restrung with Zymax 67 for £90

i have only used Yonex rackets before is the wilson racket any good and is this a good price,

any help would be appreciated.

2. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

How about selling the VT7 and getting a VT5. Both are very similar, but the VT5 is a bit heavier overall and is a bit head heavier too, giving it more power / better smash.

This is exactly the reason I chose the VT5 and love it. Check Coach Paul's review.

PS: I don't think the Wilson is a good alternative.

3. basingcraig

i was hoping to get something different, i might also go for the Bravesword LYD

4. basingcraig

any reasons why thewilson is no good,

how about the Bravesword LYD

5. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Search for it in the forums and you will see, what other say about it. BTW ... my girlfriend has an old Wilson V4, which she once loved, and never played it again, since she got her Victor Inside Wave 3500.

I only know the specs ... I bet a very good racket, but though the head heaviness might be similar, it's stiffer as the above mentioned Voltrics.

If you really like the V7, but miss a powerful smash, the V5 will be the best bet, I think. It's like a V7 with more power.

6. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

7. basingcraig

I do like the look of the mx60, is it available in the uk, and do you know how much, dot war to spend more than £100

8. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

In Germany no chance so far ... we'll see, how high the price will be in Euro. In the US it's very expensive ... Amazon has it listed for 190$ ... oha! But the price will drop after a few months. I expect it to drop in the 150€ range soon after release.

UK coach Paul mentioned in his review, that it will be available in the UK in August ... maybe that's the Europe release?