Badminton racket choice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TudorLucien, May 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

I have been in pursuit of a new badminton racket. I have only recently begun and shall soon be moving into official games. My last racket has broken and I want to buy a new one. I have looked at possibly the nanoray 700RP, the voltric 70, 9 and 7 and possibly a nanospeed. I would say that I am a fairly aggressive player but at the same time enjoy playing quite close to the net. I play at least 5 hours a week and play both doubles and singles. My last racket was head light but was fairly cheap and flimsy and it was made by head.

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

And what problems did you find with your old racket, and what do you want the new racket to improve on?

3. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

The old racket lacked power and accuracy. It also felt too wobbly, probably due to an excessive amount of flexibility.

4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Are you specifically looking for Yonex - take a look at VICTOR rackets, particularly the Bravesword series if you want speed. I would say the BS10 and BS11 would suit you as they also generate good amounts of power due to stiffer shafts.

5. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

I had looked outside of yonex but last time I did and the raket I bought did not feel up to scratch.

6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    What did you try? I used to think Yonex was the be all and end all - Although there rackets are good i was mainly taken in by the marketing!

7. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

I have tried victor, head, yehlex, ashaway and karakal and still prefered the feel of the yonex. The main point my racket choice comes down to is whether I want it head-heavy or other as I have yet to properly try a head-heavy racket.

8. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Well my advice would be try as many as possible. Failing that trawl the forums here as there are some good reviews on here.

9. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

Thanks, I'll have a go at that. In the absence of that succeeding, however, which badminton racket would you recommend out of my original list.

10. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    The only one i have tried is the Voltric 70 and i didn't like it. It was a friends and he broke it in a clash by the time i tried using it again. I prefer slightly head heavy so steered away from the Nanoray series as tried a Nanospeed before and didn't particularly get on with it.

Racket decisions are very personal and i just seem to get on better with VICTOR. Good luck with your search though.

11. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    I too kinda sticking too victor(different type of design and feel) and li-ning (this one is more expensive) cause trying something different other than yonex (too common in my country)

12. khenglc

khenglc Regular Member

auditor
    Hi, how about Arcsaber 10 premium 2012? I jz bought it last week and used it for 2 hours average for 3 days. Well, i played double, my game improve a lot and now still figuring out how to make a good net play.
    Smash and drop straight and cross over have no problem, sharp and fast.
    Definitely a good buy by upgrading from Pro Ace 888 which i bought in year 2k. Coz now play more badminton compare to few years back.

Why i said its a wonderful racket. coz i played for 2 hours still my arm feel normal without any tiredness.

Wish you got your new weapon!

13. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Which Victor racket have you tried? Yonex, Victor, Lining etc have high end and low end models. Yonex wins in the marketing department - hands down. However, if you consider value for your money, Victor is the clear winner.
    Rackets in the $120 range from Victor are way way better than Yonex'.

Li Ning, they're too expensive I don't bother look. hehe.