Carlton Razor 1.0 vs. Carlton VTT (2011)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Masch78, May 6, 2012.

1. Masch78

Masch78 Regular Member

IT Company
    Hi there,I'm looking for a replacement for my broken VTT (original version) and cut it down to those two. I loved to play with the Tour but I wished it would be a little bit stiffer. I really wonder how the 1.0 compares to the Tour. I need a quick racket so the head heavy ones fall through here.Any advices? Thanks

2. quezac

quezac Regular Member

Hi,
    I've got both these rackets, I thought it would be difficult to find a racket better adapted to my play than the VTT(original version) but I love the v1.0 (mine's the prototype, but essentialy the same). It's so light and comfortable in the hand but also has all the power that I need. With the smallest litle flick on the backhand I can clear from 3/4 way back all the way to the back of the other side, and when I smash it makes a fantastic crack! I went back to the VTT last night and it just didn't feel right any more.
    I,ve seen one on bad.fr for about 108e which doesn't seem to bad.

3. quezac

quezac Regular Member

Hi again, forgot to add that it is very light and for the first few weeks I kept going back to the VTT as I was having timing problems (or at least more timing problems than normal!). It was when I recently played in competition that it all came together, 6 1/2 hrs of matches playing more than half the time, 20 sets played. Anyway the instant rebound power when under pressure, or with no time to make a full swing, but still making a full clearance realy helped and was very noticable. I won (I'm not really very good, it was a relatively low level competition, nobody higher than D3).
    Hope this helps.