Voltric 7 vs. Voltric 70

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TudorLucien, May 7, 2012.

1. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

Considering the price gap of maybe £50-£60, is the Voltric 70 worth going the extra mile in expense over the Voltric 7?

2. TudorLucien

TudorLucien New Member

Update: I play 5-7 hours a week. Considering this, is the price worth going the extra mile.

3. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Mmh, I think we need to talk about the Voltric 5 too, because it depends, if you speak oft the VT70 in 4U or 3U.

Did you red UK coach Paul's reviews?

VT70
    VT7
    VT5

I chose the VT5 and am happy with it. The 4U rackets are too light for MY taste.

PS: I should have mentioned that the VT5 is the most head heavy of the three ... 305mm balance point ... and the VT7 is at the other end being only a bit head heavy and so having the weakest smash. But all three have great maneuvaribility.

#3 Aymara, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I wouldn't say the VT5 have great maneuverability. I own both VT5 and NS9900. NS9900 is the last word on maneuverability. VT5 is average at best.

5. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Are you joking? Sorry, no offence intended!

You can't compare an even balanced racket with a head heavy one regarding maneuverability. For such a head heavy racket as the VT5 with a balance point of 395mm and a length of 675mm, it's maneuverability is far above average, don't you think so?

6. kampungboy

kampungboy Regular Member

Sales
    If one has the money to spend, go for the higher end Voltric (VTZ, VT80, VT70, etc). If one is looking for budget, go for VT9, VT7, VT5, etc. I owned VT9 (3U stiff) and played VT80 (3U stiff and a liitle head heavier than VT9) before. My verdict is VT80 is faster (almost as fast as VT7). The design (slimmer shaft) and material used in the higher end Voltric does make a difference to the racket. Money talks :)

7. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

395mm? Boy, that thing would make the N90 seem super headlight.

8. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Sorry, that was a typo ... it's 305mm ;)

#8 Aymara, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Almost same as Nanospeed 990, 305-310mm.Put an over grip to make it even balance.

10. taz4000

taz4000 Regular Member

Freelancer
    This was exactly the same position I was in 3 months ago choosing between the same exact rackets, I went for the VT 7 because to me smashing isn't my entire game, I rather get a kick out of playing good defence and clever shots.

The VT 7 is a superbly easy racket to manoeuvre, whilst it does lack in some power, for the price difference between the VT 7 and the VT 70 its really your call what you want to spend on but the VT 70 will definitely be less manoeuvrable but with a load more power.

But what I did after sifting through many many pages of this forum is get...

my VT 7 which wins me those sneaky points with 23 lbs on the strings and use it as my go to racket when I am struggling to play a good offensive game which is usually during the end of the night where my shots become sluggish due to me getting tired and lacking in power. Also helps me to switch up my serve and get more flight and speed off the flick.

but I actually begin with an Apacs Lethal 70, haha I know that is random turn of events but hear me out, it has boat loads of power than the VT 70 and great manoeuvrability, sounds like a gun shot during smashes but with 28 lbs on the strings is rather difficult to play some softer touch shots.

The total price of these two rackets roughly equate to the total price of the Yonex VT 70, at least in Australia that is the way it worked out for me.

I also found it took me a while to figure out a good setup as far as the grip went on either rackets to get them to the right balance, which to me is just as important as the strings or the racket it self, I prefer a mixture of Yonex Super Grap and Babolat Pro Tour to get the right weight.

I find sometimes the guys on these forums get too hung up on talking about balance points and other technical info, instead of actually sharing their personal experience with the rackets, numbers mean very little when there is human error in play.

Good luck with your purchase definitely share your experience on here.