arcsaber z slash vs nanospeed 9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by robotshuttle, May 7, 2012.

1. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

hi im looking for a medium balanced or head light racket thats got good control and are deciding to get one of these rackets(or maybe a nanoray) which one do u thinks best and do they do a arcsaber z slash in a 4U :D

2. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

The Arcsaber Z-Slash is a very difficult racket for most people to "tame" in the beginning. With a smaller head size then conventional rackets, people will expect to do a lot of miss hits and frame hits, along with little air resistance, swing timing will be affected. It does have superb control, and when mastered, is an excellent, powerful racket with lots of potential. It is also a slightly head heavy racket, just a bit ahead of the medium balance rating.

The Nanospeed 9900 is also a good all rounder, but much easier to control then a Z-Slash. A quick racket with good control and swing speed. It also is a slightly head heavy racket, but it is barely noticeable in a sense so it would lean closer in feel to medium balanced.

This is all subjective to the player. If you can try these rackets out I recommend you do so, who knows, you might find the Z-Slash a perfect racket but it might not work for you, however I suggest getting a NS9900 instead. The Nanoray 700RP is not a bad choice either.

I don't think Z-Slashes come in 4U, well I haven't seen one yet at least.

#2 Soybean, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Arcsaber Z slash does not come in 4U, only 3U & 2U.

Due to the smaller head frame of Zslash, you will have difficult time for timing adjustment while switching between Zslash racket & normal ISo racket back & forth. However if you are really comfortable with Z slash, you might just wanna purchase a back up racket which is Z slash as well, therefore you do not need to adjust your timing every time you have changed your racket.

4. Jason123

Jason123 Regular Member

Why would they the decrease head size?

5. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

It adds to the "zero air resistance" that the Z-Slash is famous for.

6. robotshuttle

robotshuttle Regular Member

does nanospeed 9900 come in 4u

7. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

No the NS9900 does not come in 4U.

8. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Both are very good all-rounder rackets and very nice to control but for a lighter head, Nanospeed 9900 is the one. They are not available in 4u, AFAIK... My primary racket is the Arc Z-slash, a bit difficult to get used to the timing at first due to the different frame size and smaller sweetspot area but after a while it became my best friend on most games I played.

9. Hellmoon

Hellmoon Regular Member

Gosen Ryoga Shiden also has smaller frame head compared with other iso rackets but it isn't hard to adjust unlike Z slash.

But it's very stiff though....much stiffer than z slash/