Just checking if yumo.ca is good

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Knightmare, May 7, 2012.

1. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

Hi, guys I'm new to the forum so forgive me if i am posting in the wrong section or anything.

I just wanted to verify if the Yumo Pro Shop in Richmond, British Columbia sells authentic, genuine, real yonex rackets. Their website is: http://www.yumo.ca/. I believe they have an account on this forum and they seem trustworthy, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, if you have any other recommended places that sell real yonex rackets in BC, that would be great! I've purchased my Arcsaber at SE Sports, but clearly I am not pro and I'm not positive that SE sells real rackets, though my racket seems okay.

Much appreciated!

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Hi,

Here's what I know.

A few months ago...I saw a girl (don't know her name) that works at Yumo buy alot of Yonex/Li-Ning rackets from Tad's Sporting Goods (Granville and 70th Ave) in Vancouver. So I assume the rackets at Yumo are legit. I also think Yumo sells used rackets on consignment (ie. they sell your racket on your behalf and pockets some of the money from the sale and you get $x).

I don't really trust SE Sports in Burnaby. It seems weird that they only have one of each racket hanging on their wall. I think Yumo is a bit on the high side for prices...as is Impulse Sports (I think?) in Richmond Aberdeen Mall. Have you visited Tads and compare prices?

Yumo is allright I guess. I go there to buy HangYu and RSL shuttles.

Hope that answers your questions.

CD

3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Yumo sells legit rackets. Melissa who runs badmintology Vancouver owns the shop and I've already purchased a couple of rackets from them. I'm currently in the middle of working with another member regarding SE sports. For the most part their CD coded Yonex rackets are legit. Myself and a handful of other members have found that their Li Ning rackets are fake.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ what's se sports doing about it? did they sell the lining at authentic prices? :eek:

5. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I think the prices were really high at SE Sports. It was like $260 for N90 without strings.

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    So far they haven't investigated after bringing it to their attention and are still selling around $200. If you know how to spot a fake Li Ning, you can go see for yourself. Stay tuned~

7. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

Thanks a lot guys! I think I'll check out tad's.

8. Chranisa

Chranisa Regular Member

Deskpub
    yumo's rackets are legit as they are all CD coded. But they do have some SP coded of the ones that are discontinued locally or special edition. The prices might not always be on the high sideas they do have monthly sales on their facebook page. I think for the best value would be the shuttles and the beginner / intermediate rackets. Wider selection of good quality non-yonex brands.

I think Yonex because it is a brand there is always a different price EVERYWHERE... you just gotta shop around.

9. 604otezs

604otezs New Member

sorry to bump an old thread but i did try to google as much as I can and there is barely anything on Yumo Pro Shop... has anybody shopped there recently? I am interested in the arc10 but it's SP coded according to the staff and this thread suggests CD coded ones are legit. What about the SP coded ones?

10. mikid

mikid Regular Member

I bought the Arc11TH from them just last month and it is SP coded also. It was a gift for my brother and he loves it. They seems legit to me and staff there are knowledgeable. Apparently a lot of the discontinued or limited edition models are in SP code because Canada just don't make them anymore, therefore you just won't find any new ones in CD code.

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The CD code just means it's meant for the Canadian market and only warrantied in Canada. Not that it is made here.

12. 604otezs

604otezs New Member

In that case if something were to happen to a SP coded racket then Yonex Canada wouldn't warranty the repair then :(

13. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Yonex Canada won't but a reputable store/seller might!

14. Iori

Iori Regular Member

You guys should also try Top Line..prices are very competitive.

15. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

I had a quote from Yonex Canada that Yumo is not an authorized Yonex dealer and cannot provide warranty the the racquets they carry with CD code labeled on it.

I bought my Arc11 @ yumo to find out its an sp. if I really wanted an sp, could of sent to mbs or go to Singapore, buy a racquet for 150 cad, shove it in my bag to avoid paying duty. I'm highly sure that's what they do as we, don't be fooled by these people.

16. Chranisa

Chranisa Regular Member

Deskpub
    I heard from my friends that Yumo warranty on the rackets. So not to worry.

17. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

Wow.. old thread... Ohh well.. YES, Yumo is legit. Most of their Yonex racquets are CD coded except for a few which are SP coded because you cannot get them here anymore..

18. tralalala

tralalala Regular Member

was thinking to buy a victor racket and 1-2 pieces of shirt but the response is very slow. now i'm reconsidering if i will get anything from them at all.

19. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    theyre legit don't worry. i am from california and just recently purchased a lin dan zf2 yellow version and they emailed me right away that their inventory just ran out of those and offered me a red one instead, their response is very quick and mannered. they even indicate which ones are SP coded specific on their site before selling them, other than that the Yonex and Victor that are carried from their shop they're all from CD (canada) coded.

20. bamboosheet

bamboosheet New Member

Working
    Hey guys, I'm replying to this old thread since I don't want to start a new one with the same topic. Browsing through Yumo.ca's rackets recently, it looks like most of their prices are very competitive (and in some cases shockingly low) especially for certain rackets. For example, an arc 11's price converted to USD is a mere $166 where say if you were to go to badmintonavenue or alley it'd be around $230. Naturally this makes me a bit nervous about purchasing from them. Do folks have any thoughts around how they're able to offer such low prices? Even if they're SP coded (in the case of Yonex), it doesn't explain how they're selling say the N55 III for ~$130 (which goes for at least $170 elsewhere). Thanks in advance.