Bad stringing or my bad technique?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by shosasakigamba, May 9, 2012.

1. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Hi BC'ers

Need some opnions, I live in Canada and use a Nanoray 700RP strung with BG80 Yellow at 25 pounds tension. For the last 4 weeks my string has snapped.

Is this due to me miss hitting?

My stringer doing a bad job? They always string 4 knot and i notice the horizontal always has loose tension. During play I notice the vertical strings shifting out of place after each shot which i reposition with my fingers.

Really getting sick of the cost and hassle of my strings breaking after no time at all.

What should I do ... change string to BG80 power, no way i can use 65Ti lose all feeling.

Please help.

2. Jason123

Jason123 Regular Member

My BG80 Snapped in 3-4 weeks as well playing 7 hours a week

I miss hit quite alot

I noticed it fraying at first right at the bottom of the racket, so i thought id play as hard as i could just to get the most out of the string.

Vertical strings move most of the time, i experience that with all strings ive used.

Try ashaway 67, id say its on par with BG80 if not slightly better at tension holding

3. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    Where have the strings on your racquet broke? Pictures of the broken strings in the racquet would be helpful. This could be due to mishitting or the stringer.

After the string job, strings usually need to take time to settle in although strings will still move occasionally. BG 80 is relatively durable at 25 lbs. Where in Canada do you live? Do you get stringing from a private stringer or private club?

4. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Rackets are strung by a stringer at a club i go to.

The thing that worries me is the strings didnt just wear through but snapped. Previous to this i was using BG80 SP and had absolutely no problem with the strings on there until the wore through.

When thestring snapped the racket head looked very distorted so i cut the remaining strings stright away.

Think I will follow suggestions and give the strings a week to bed down before using. Or i may change up to the more durable BG80 Power but ive heard you lose a little feel unless you string at 27 plus tension which is too high for me.

5. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Give the string 24 hours to settle, a week is a waste.
    Where does your string snap? If it's outside of the sweetspot it's most likely due to mishits.
    I use bg-80 myself at 26/28 lbs, and if i don't mishit it lasts me for a few weeks. If i mishit its usualy one or two mishits and the string is gone.