Woman advanced player wanting a smaller size grip racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pukacici, May 13, 2012.

1. pukacici

pukacici New Member

I wanted the latest badminton racket that has a small grip size since I have a small hand. I consider myself as an advanced player. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm considering between Yonex Nano Speed 9900 (NS9900-3UG5) 2009 Yonex Nano Speed 9900 (NS990-2UG5) but any suggestion is much appreciated.

FYI: I normally play woman's doubles. And thn mixed doubles too.
    :p

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Previous racket would help us suggest rackets for you. Not many males use 2u's let alone a woman. (no disrespect) But yeah the stiffness of the 9900 may be an issue unless you've used something similar. As for smaller grip size getting a g5 would work or taking the original grip off and replacing it with a thinner grip.

3. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

just get anything G5

4. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    Just pull the grips off and sand it down a little bit on all sides, re-grip done.

5. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    I'd suggest the 3u. Many women can't use 2u. I highly suggest you first try them both out first

6. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

If you are advanced you will know whether you will prefer a stiffer/flexier racket, or what type of head heaviness.

The NS9900 is stiff and headlight, and really does you no favours in the clear/smash area. Many women tend to use more body power than wrist, and if so a flexier and slightly head heavier racket would be more suitable. If it degenerates into a drop/clear war as some lower level WD becomes the lack of stability/forgiveness and the extra effort can be annoying. Now maybe you are higher level so its ok.

I think the idea with the NS9900 is to be ultra offensive, i.e. sneak as close to the net as possible and be ultra aggressive to try to smash/drive/intercept what people will normally lift/block. Its the only justification for something so fast. Otherwise you are better off just playing a bit more balanced.

Grip wise G5, if not you may be able to acquire a G6 from japan. Or even some conservative sanding :rolleyes:.

7. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    NS9900, get 3U.... or get a arcsaber 7, my lady friend uses that and shes in love with it, she can hit better and more powerful as the shaft is not too stiff... it depends on how u feel... :)